Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hope it's the Blast of a Lifetime, Marc and please, photos and commentary when you return. Jaime, Dunk, and I go on the 12th of next month.
Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
FYI for anyone still scoping out dates, they just added September 13-14. I went ahead and booked it since my June date was rescheduled. Canā€™t wait!

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I signed up for this event a few days ago. He told me the class was 1/2 full already.

ND4SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 (Kona Blue w/White Stripes), 2013 F-150 Lariat
Hope it's the Blast of a Lifetime, Marc and please, photos and commentary when you return. Jaime, Dunk, and I go on the 12th of next month.
OK, so we leave next Tuesday and my track day is Wednesday. Believe it or not, we did not own a GoPro until last Saturday, so it should be interesting and fun. Cannot wait and I will try for some in car track video. Fingers crossed.
Cheers..

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
OK, so we leave next Tuesday and my track day is Wednesday. Believe it or not, we did not own a GoPro until last Saturday, so it should be interesting and fun. Cannot wait and I will try for some in car track video. Fingers crossed.
Cheers..
They really do not allow a go pro in car unless mounted somewhere other than windshield. They pretty much tell you that nothing can be mounted on windshield and they wonā€™t wait for you to get it ready. If you want in car footage you really should just purchase the RaceKeeper option. Itā€™s very good with most audio and speed and track layout. Itā€™s all kept on a thumb drive you take home. The Race keepers only draw back is itā€™s on as soon as you start the car so you end up with some files that are just moving the car around or casual drives back to and from lunch. Just make sure you plug it into the correct USB port. A guy in our class plugged his into the wrong one and got no films. Itā€™s the port that isnā€™t the factory one
Edit; the RaceKeeper films 2 shots, split screen. 1 of you driving and other is pointed out windshield. Itā€™s mounted under headliner.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The way you do it is get the gopro roll bar mount. It attaches very quickly. Get an external microphone and run it back to the trunk.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
JW: You and I are thinking alike. I most definitely did not want to have to deal with camera crap on the track so I went with "the package" to get it all on the thumbdrive as you did. Heck, even without the video which is super cool, you said there were hundreds of photos as well. To me, that makes it definitely worth the extra bux. And, having seen some image and video examples from you, Tob, and others, I know they're high-quality.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of Track Attack...

Since Jaime, Dunk, and I are attending the same event, I wanted to do something a little special. So, since I also happen to have photos of their new girls, my "shooting club" brain kicked in and it came to me...Custom T-Shirts for the day.

These are the final images of the shirts I ordered:

jaimes-proof.png

jeffs-proof.png

kbs-proof.png

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Speaking of Track Attack...

Since Jaime, Dunk, and I are attending the same event, I wanted to do something a little special. So, since I also happen to have photos of their new girls, my "shooting club" brain kicked in and it came to me...Custom T-Shirts for the day.

These are the final images of the shirts I ordered:

jaimes-proof.png

jeffs-proof.png

kbs-proof.png

Thats pretty cool, Kilo

Sponsored

ND4SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
They really do not allow a go pro in car unless mounted somewhere other than windshield. They pretty much tell you that nothing can be mounted on windshield and they wonā€™t wait for you to get it ready. If you want in car footage you really should just purchase the RaceKeeper option. Itā€™s very good with most audio and speed and track layout. Itā€™s all kept on a thumb drive you take home. The Race keepers only draw back is itā€™s on as soon as you start the car so you end up with some files that are just moving the car around or casual drives back to and from lunch. Just make sure you plug it into the correct USB port. A guy in our class plugged his into the wrong one and got no films. Itā€™s the port that isnā€™t the factory one
Edit; the RaceKeeper films 2 shots, split screen. 1 of you driving and other is pointed out windshield. Itā€™s mounted under headliner.
Thanks JW, that is good to know. I can film another activities of the day or my wife can play film-maker for the day. Sounds like I will opt for the RaceKeeper version. Just want to make sure I get some footage of such a cool event. Thanks again.
Cheers.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Marc: I have seen examples of what you get with the photo/video package and it would be difficult if not impossible to match the footage they give you complete with the "Draggie" or whatever the software is called, on screen. Plus, you get tons of photos as well, all high rez shot by professionals.

I'm almost as excited about getting that memory stick as I am about GOING. <laughing> But, I'm definitely an oddball. <grin>

You won't regret getting the pro stuff, of that I'm sure.

ND4SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Marc: I have seen examples of what you get with the photo/video package and it would be difficult if not impossible to match the footage they give you complete with the "Draggie" or whatever the software is called, on screen. Plus, you get tons of photos as well, all high rez shot by professionals.

I'm almost as excited about getting that memory stick as I am about GOING. <laughing> But, I'm definitely an oddball. <grin>

You won't regret getting the pro stuff, of that I'm sure.
Thanks KB. I am definitely going with the what they are providing. Anything additional shots or vids that my wife can get will just be icing on the cake.
Cheers.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Quick update on the September 13-14 session. There were 3 spots available when I called today...now there are two.

The person I registered with did say they will likely be adding another class in September.

Also to note (maybe previously mentioned) there is an optional $250 insurance option that covers driver liability in the event of a wreck. $7500 deductible.
upload_2020-7-20_20-22-0.png

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Quick update on the September 13-14 session. There were 3 spots available when I called today...now there are two.

The person I registered with did say they will likely be adding another class in September.

Also to note (maybe previously mentioned) there is an optional $250 insurance option that covers driver liability in the event of a wreck. $7500 deductible.
upload_2020-7-20_20-22-0.png
So who is going to the 13-14 Sep event?
Sponsored