2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
subd'
Sponsored

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
About to pull the trigger on a tr6060 from ben, I would just like a few verifications from the experts who have done this.

Trans from Ben Calimer. Ben is including a crossmember but I believe I still need a mount?
Exchanging my brand new Mcleod RST sitting on the shelf for a GT500 RXT with the GT500 TO bearing.
DSS TR6060 swap specific driveshaft
Wiring wise Ben recommended the harness kit from Bowler Transmission which is supposed to be totally plug and play with Dakota unit?
https://www.bowlertransmissions.com/shop/manual-parts/tremec-t-56-all-in-one-harness/
Dakota Unit
Shifter (unsure if I am going with MGW or the S1 sequential)

Does the boot from the MGW shifter attach correctly to the s550 center console?

Am i missing anything else? The wiring part I am worried about as I read people needed stuff 'tuned' out to allow cruise control to work and no CEL's.

Thanks everyone

Mrboss302415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samson b
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Here is what i have on the Dakota,

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

In the schematic i had to change from the picture above. *Colors are based on the color dots on the schematic not dots on Dakota box.

Yellow dot wire from 6060 speed sensor, goes to signal in @ Dakota. Blue dot wire from pcm, goes to output 1 @ Dakota box.

Set the Dakota box to high input high output. Then manually adjust the the readout with the + button while driving until you get to 2.83.

I used the OSS reading on my ngauge to match rpm in 4th. Which comes to a gain setting of 2.83 on the box.

This is what worked for me and should work for you as well. + cruise works in all gears.

Hope this helps.
So are the connectors actually necessary? Or do you splice the connectors into the factory harness then connect them to the trans and run extra wire to the dokota box?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Yes. Use connectors otherwise you will have to undo any spices when you need to remove the trans.

I did this a few years ago and many beers lol. I would have to refresh on it. If I remember correctly

I had pigtails for all connectors on the 6060. I cut the leads of connectors from car and wired to the pigtails where applicable. OSS from car will need to be sent to dakoda and use the OSS pig from tr6060 and run to dakoda. This will allow you to be able to pull the trans when needed. Pretty sure reverse light is same on both. I didn’t run lockout.

jgiardino89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Searching
What are you all using for trans fluid in the T-56 / TR-6060 ?

Sponsored

Liltikr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have a tr6060 MGW shifter for an s550 mustang forsale (swap specific) if anyone is interested

02FD85DF-2330-486C-BC09-4B9F1F720796.jpeg

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
Can anyone confirm the following flywheel clutch setup?

-I have a brand new mcleod steel flywheel for the 5.0 (should I move to the aluminum and should it be for the 5.0 or the gt500)
-Im going to exchange my brand new mt82 rst for a gt500 rxt
-Gt500 TO bearing

That combo works correct? Im more so worried about the flywheel, I did not see anyone mention if its the gt500 flywheel or if the GT 5.0 flywheel works with either a resplined mt82 clutch or a gt500 clutch.

Thanks

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
Quick update to my post above. I called Mcleod and worked it all out. Basically you can run a GT flywheel (I have a mcleod) and then a GT pressure plate but then there is some Chevrolet twin disc set that is the correct pad thickness and spline count that works perfectly. So I am sending them my brand new RST kit for the MT82 and they are swapping in this clutch disc set and measuring thicknesses for me so its all perfect for a little over $200 which is just the cost difference.

Sponsored

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
Hoping someone in this thread sees this but I ran into a potential issue driveshaft wise. I ordered the swap shaft from DSS, aluminum variant. It looks like it will fit if I take off the bmr driveshaft safety loop lower bracket just to slide into place. But according to all of the pictures on various distributors and even their site the DS should come with with adapter plate? And when I called them today for torque specs i was told 12 bolts for the rear and 4 bolts for the front. I have only 6 bolts in the box which I assume is the rear and reuse my mt82 bolts for the front? I was hoping to finish the car this weekend and get some miles on it. Can anyone confirm or deny this adapter piece?

Thanks!

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
Got it figured out. Apparently they have moved to a new version of the driveshaft that doesn't use an adapter plate. My next issue is the bolts for the flange mating to the trans. All I have is the bolts from my carbon fiber DSS for the MT82. They are allen capped bolts and a pain because they want to round off even with a ball allen socket. Anyone have any idea if someone sells replacement bolts? All I can find online for the TR-6060 is the Ford replacement bolts for the rear.

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
So will this swap loose rev match on down shift and the gear indicator on the dash on a 2019 ?
Sponsored