TPS Codes and Wrench Light (2018 GT)

Bojack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
(First, Never posted on a forum. Apologize in advance for any etiquette issues. Feedback welcomed…)

But shortly after starting the car up after a quick errand a few weeks ago the dreaded wrench light popped up. Car went into limp mode. Used ForScan and threw codes P2112 and P2119. Throttle body codes.

I replaced the throttle body. No dice. Replaced the accelerator pedal. No dice. I cleared codes each time. Wrench light popped back up. So I talked to my guy, Curtis, at Killer Performance in Kansas City. He chatted with me and encouraged me to try another new TB. Picked up the stock replacement at a Ford Dealer, and boom, the wrench has since disappeared and normal idle has resumed.

Y’alls advice combing through these forums helped me out. Just thought I’d share my resolution in case anybody else has these codes or a TB issue…And don’t discount a defective new part!

✌🏼
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your tech!

What brand/type was the first throttle body replacement? Aftermarket or another stocker (used/new)?

OP
OP

Bojack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The first replacement was a brand new, Ford Performance 87mm TB. It’s from the GT350. Requires and adapter which I also installed.
Sponsored