ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
OP
OP

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Iā€™d call CJ to ask about procedures with keyless ignitions which Iā€™m sure they have covered and may be in the instructions.
I guess what I really meant to ask is what TPMS tools do you recommend for our GT350s?

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I guess what I really meant to ask is what TPMS tools do you recommend for our GT350s?
The programming tool is actually not needed. Your car will see the sensors and they should begin working. I went through a similar scenario. Knowing I was changing tpms, I ordered the same programmer. Shortly after heard itā€™s not needed, sure enough put my new wheel with new sensors on and my car recognized them and all worked fine.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I have that exact tool and it works on my 2019 Mustang GT and my 2016 Ford Edge. I have two sets of tires for the Edge, winters and all seasons. The all seasons have a factory sensor and the winters have an aftermarket sensor, it works on both.

I don't agree with the earlier post that the car will figure it out. Each sensor has a unique identity and programming using the tool tells the car which sensor is in which position. If you don't do it and a tire looses pressure you may get a false location of which tire is going flat.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
FWIW I bought a set of 2016 GT350 wheels for my 2018 GT and the car recognized them without any tool.

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The programming tool is actually not needed. Your car will see the sensors and they should begin working. I went through a similar scenario. Knowing I was changing tpms, I ordered the same programmer. Shortly after heard itā€™s not needed, sure enough put my new wheel with new sensors on and my car recognized them and all worked fine.
Same here, bought the tool, didn't need it. Car figured it out.
Sponsored