TPMS sensor - psi values incorrect

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Someone recommended I order a set of TPMS sensors to be used with my new winter wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013GU2VTI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was able to learn them into my car but all of them are reading 1-2 psi more than the actual value. The OEM sensors that came with the car always matched a Slime digital tire pressure gauge I have. Using the same gauge on these, they are showing 1-2 psi higher values.

Any ideas?

Can a tire shop program adjust these TPMS to the correct value?

I only have the one button learning tool. Can any tool compensate for this without ruining the original TPMS value accuracy?

Thanks in advance,
Frank
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe your Slime is off. 1-2 is definitely not worth worrying about. When you go buy yourself a fluid-filled certified (with paperwork) pressure gauge then you can have some confidence in your readings.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Maybe your Slime is off. 1-2 is definitely not worth worrying about. When you go buy yourself a fluid-filled certified (with paperwork) pressure gauge then you can have some confidence in your readings.
It matched the values from the TPMS that came with the car which are still on the OEM wheels.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I have found the TPMS reading to fluctuate. The TPMS on my stock wheels matched my Joes Racing gauge dead on. I bought a second set of wheels and OEM Ford TPMS sensors for the track and the TPMS on that set always read 3 psi high on all four wheels. Relearning, unplugging the battery, and reflashing the tune did not do anything - it was just 3 psi high all the time.

Fast forward about 6 months and they started to read correctly. Go figure. They are still reading correctly 6 months later.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My guage is always off. It's just there to provide an idea but shouldn't be relied upon. Unless your racing 1 to 2 psi is no biggy
Sponsored