Sponsored

TPMS for Track Wheels

teamsketch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R
Wanted to see what the opinion is on buying an extra set of TPMS sensors for my track wheels. I was just going to go ahead and do it, but wanted to see if it is really useful or not. Never had track wheels with TPMS before and I'm checking them manually almost every session anyway.

If so where is the best place to buy another set?
Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Wanted to see what the opinion is on buying an extra set of TPMS sensors for my track wheels. I was just going to go ahead and do it, but wanted to see if it is really useful or not. Never had track wheels with TPMS before and I'm checking them manually almost every session anyway.

If so where is the best place to buy another set?
I just got an OEM set from Rock Auto best price I found.

Peter

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I got them for my track wheels and it is nice to get the pressures even if I don’t rely on the readout.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have them in my track wheels, If you ever use them on the street they can be useful. I also use them on the track to get a better idea of when you are up to temperature. It also good to know if you have a leak so for the price I recommend them.

I think I was told if you use ford ones then you dont have to sync them. I have 3 set of wheels I just put them on and the car picks it up after a block.

Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you dont mind me asking, how much was the set?
Offhand I don't remember but just go to Rock Auto and look them up. I wanted to go OEM, and this was the best price I found, as the aftermarket TPMS have not been friendly to me.

Peter

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I believe the GT350 uses 433mhz TPMS and metal valve bodies which is different from the run of the mill Rustsngs.

Peter
That's what I found when researching a set of OEM sensors for my 6GR wheels. Here's what I ended up buying. If I remember correctly, I got them through White Bear Lake at a great price.

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I have them in my track wheels,.......
I think I was told if you use ford ones then you dont have to sync them....
I can not tell form your comment if you used OEM Ford sensors on your track wheels. I am about to mount tires on my track wheels and I did get Ford sensors. Was told that there is no "programming" the sensors if they are Ford. After a short drive it sets itself.

I am trying to find out if this "auto setting" on a Ford sensor is true.

Were your's Ford? Do they auto set themselves? :shrug:

Thanks for any input.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Got mine from eBay after reading about it on another thread for $55. Haven't put them on yet, still waiting on new wheels.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-OEM-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

That is a good price. I paid $150/set with my track wheels. However, note that the OEM units are metal stemmed (see pic on other post) vs these rubber stems. They are different in how they seat on the wheel. I have the CF wheels and I do not think a rubber compression fit stem will work. The metal stem uses 2 o rings for seal vs the press fit rubber stem type. The std aluminum wheels may be different. FWIW Good luck.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
...I am trying to find out if this "auto setting" on a Ford sensor is true....
I have four sets of GT350 wheels and all of them have genuine Ford TPMS-39 sensors that I bought from my dealer. I just swap wheels whenever I need to and the dashboard pressure readout updates about 10 minutes after I drive out of the driveway. No manual intervention required.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I can not tell form your comment if you used OEM Ford sensors on your track wheels. I am about to mount tires on my track wheels and I did get Ford sensors. Was told that there is no "programming" the sensors if they are Ford. After a short drive it sets itself.

I am trying to find out if this "auto setting" on a Ford sensor is true.

Were your's Ford? Do they auto set themselves? :shrug:

Thanks for any input.
Yes Ford sensors

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Personally I don't use TPMS on the track because I know immediately before and immediately after the session I'm checking pressures, making adjustments if needed. Not really that necessarily if you're diligent in checking pressures and just keeping a general eye on things to make sure they're wearing properly.
Sponsored