Tow hook the same thread as gt500?

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
Well, I've made the same mistake and ordered the racerseng tug kit and license plate mount. I didn't realize it wasn't for the Mach1.

@Atlas1 and @RandomTask - did y'all come up with a solution?

I reached out to racerseng, but no word back yet.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So, any competent machinist could make a middle piece easily enough. but it would probably stick out too far.

it looks like the threads on the hook portion is a separate piece than the section holding the hook (what is that set screw for there?). in which case, THAT piece could be made a little longer as needed and replaced, and do the job without adding too much leverage for horizontal towing.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Well, I've made the same mistake and ordered the racerseng tug kit and license plate mount. I didn't realize it wasn't for the Mach1.

@Atlas1 and @RandomTask - did y'all come up with a solution?

I reached out to racerseng, but no word back yet.
Iā€™ll have a fix once my hook arrives. Iā€™ve got material and a machinist that will do the job for me. Iā€™m going to have him replicate the tug shaft and then have it powder coated so it looks like it came from raceseng. They apparently donā€™t have interest in making the correct length shaft for the Mach 1 so Iā€™ll do it :) Itā€™s my favorite looking setup so I donā€™t mind the effort to make it right

DroptopMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What's up with all those tow hooks? Do you find yourselves often in a need of one? Or is there some national sport which includes tow hooks (and Mustangs)? I never needed one and was hoping it would stay that way even with Ford :D
its required on the big boy tracks..

no tow hooks - no go fast on the road course.....

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Iā€™ll have a fix once my hook arrives. Iā€™ve got material and a machinist that will do the job for me. Iā€™m going to have him replicate the tug shaft and then have it powder coated so it looks like it came from raceseng. They apparently donā€™t have interest in making the correct length shaft for the Mach 1 so Iā€™ll do it :) Itā€™s my favorite looking setup so I donā€™t mind the effort to make it right
If you're willing to do a small production run of these, I would think they would go fast. I'd be in for one.

Sponsored

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
Raceseng Got back with me, and said they intend to make a shaft for a Mach1. Unfortunately, they donā€™t have a timeline.

@Atlas1, I would be interested in buying one of yours if you get them sooner than raceseng.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Raceseng Got back with me, and said they intend to make a shaft for a Mach1. Unfortunately, they donā€™t have a timeline.

@Atlas1, I would be interested in buying one of yours if you get them sooner than raceseng.
I guess since we have all been emailing those guys they realized thereā€™s a market for the Mach 1!

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I donā€™t want to make any money off of it but Iā€™ll be happy to make them for anyone that needs them. Based on the raceseng timeline at time of order Iā€™m probably 4 weeks or so from receiving my hook. When it gets in Iā€™m going to figure how much length it needs, bring it to work and have my guy make one. Once we figure out the correct length Iā€™ll have him run off a handful of them and then Iā€™ll get them powder coated black to match the raceseng piece.
only thing Iā€™d ask for is to cover shipping and maybe pitch in a buck or 2 towards a 24 pack for my guy doing the work šŸ™‚
My luck weā€™ll get them done right around the day raceseng puts them up on the website lmao

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I donā€™t want to make any money off of it but Iā€™ll be happy to make them for anyone that needs them. Based on the raceseng timeline at time of order Iā€™m probably 4 weeks or so from receiving my hook. When it gets in Iā€™m going to figure how much length it needs, bring it to work and have my guy make one. Once we figure out the correct length Iā€™ll have him run off a handful of them and then Iā€™ll get them powder coated black to match the raceseng piece.
only thing Iā€™d ask for is to cover shipping and maybe pitch in a buck or 2 towards a 24 pack for my guy doing the work šŸ™‚
My luck weā€™ll get them done right around the day raceseng puts them up on the website lmao
Sign me up as well. I will contribute to both. Thanks @Atlas1 !!

Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
That sure took its sweet time!

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
they said 8 weeks and got it here a couple days early lol
its pricey but looks really good up close.
Weird that it took so long man, mine arrived inside a week.