OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
What's up with all those tow hooks? Do you find yourselves often in a need of one? Or is there some national sport which includes tow hooks (and Mustangs)? I never needed one and was hoping it would stay that way even with Ford :D
In case I end up on a curb leaving Cars&Coffee and need someone to pull me off :giggle:
Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
What's up with all those tow hooks? Do you find yourselves often in a need of one? Or is there some national sport which includes tow hooks (and Mustangs)? I never needed one and was hoping it would stay that way even with Ford :D
Courtesy at tracks days to preinstall the tow hook, saves your car being dragged off the grass by whatever means the track workers see fit. If you track the car often some people leave them on all the time. And itā€™s always fun have a slightly nicer looking option on there.

wiedemab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'21 M1 HP, '67 Chevy II, '72 'Burb, '89 Notch
I'm hoping I don't need it, but some tracks require them. Also, if something were to happen, I'd much rather give them a good tow point vs. them hooking onto whatever they can under the car. I may also use it to winch into/onto a trailer.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Raceseng Gt500 tow hook doesnā€™t fit. The threads are right, but the threaded shaft is too short and doesnā€™t clear the bumper.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raceseng Gt500 tow hook doesnā€™t fit. The threads are right, but the threaded shaft is too short and doesnā€™t clear the bumper.
Well thatā€™s the worst news Iā€™ve heard all week. I guess when it comes in I can figure out the correct length and order another shaft

Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Well thatā€™s the worst news Iā€™ve heard all week. I guess when it comes in I can figure out the correct length and order another shaft
I tried that and no dice with Raceseng. They say ā€˜We have already explored the Mach 1 fitment and discovered that no other current offering we have will workā€™.

My guess is they use third party manufacturing and canā€™t work the problem like if they were in house facility.

The hardware though is super nice, itā€™s such a shame.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried that and no dice with Raceseng. They say ā€˜We have already explored the Mach 1 fitment and discovered that no other current offering we have will workā€™.

My guess is they use third party manufacturing and canā€™t work the problem like if they were in house facility.

The hardware though is super nice, itā€™s such a shame.
The shaft is just powder coated black I think. I can have someone at work make a replacement for me based on the one raceseng sends me and then get it coated myself.
odd that they wouldnā€™t make a slightly longer shaft for the Mach 1. Seems easy enough to do

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
The shaft is just powder coated black I think. I can have someone at work make a replacement for me based on the one raceseng sends me and then get it coated myself.
odd that they wouldnā€™t make a slightly longer shaft for the Mach 1. Seems easy enough to do
Yeah that was also my thought. I also figured I could maybe get a decent fab shop to make one, or even just a small extension adaptor, that way you can still use the shaft they sent, and with it being tucked inside the bumper you won't need to powder coat it. let me know if you get something made, any chance you could make two? iF I can get something done in the meantime will let you know.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that was also my thought. I also figured I could maybe get a decent fab shop to make one, or even just a small extension adaptor, that way you can still use the shaft they sent, and with it being tucked inside the bumper you won't need to powder coat it. let me know if you get something made, any chance you could make two? iF I can get something done in the meantime will let you know.
Shouldnā€™t be a problem. Iā€™m in an aerospace shop so Iā€™ve got plenty of material and Iā€™ve got a guy that can do this job. As soon as it comes in and I get dimensions off of it Iā€™ll let you know. Iā€™ll prob have him make a few of them in case anyone else runs into this.
Is the only issue weā€™re looking at the length of the shaft? Do you know if the shaft is all one piece with just the visible section powder coated?

Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I can only get a couple of threads engaged on the actual ring adaptor threads before it comes in to contact with the bumper. That nut needs to clear the bumper for tightening and adjustment. So looking at extra 2" maybe for an extension.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Here it is with a couple of threads engaged.
tempImagew1a9o6.jpg

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
it is supposed to be for getting it on a trailer right? I figured it is more of an appearance thing

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Tow hooks are becoming required equipment at some tracks and events (I wouldn't otherwise be bothering.)
Sponsored