2015 Mustang GT PP
OP
OP

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
anybody install one of these yet on their boosted 15-16? Watson says its a carryover part and works great on the 15-16 cars:

https://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23401

I didn't want to cut my front bumper cover but I need to have a hook this year incase of any breakage at the track.
I decided to be a guiney pig. Aesthetically the FR ring is pretty big and comes painted in BMR Red :headbang: (I might paint it black so its more subdued). Functionality was more important to me then looks, and now I can easily tow / winch the car if I need to...
horn.jpg

TheGoodGuy

The Good Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chard
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp. Orange
How did you figure out where to cut? Does it come with a template?

OP
OP

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How did you figure out where to cut? Does it come with a template?
No template. I installed it and took some rough measurements and then did trial fit ----> enlarge -----> trial fit -----> enlarge, etc. I could take some measurements if you end up buying one.

I use it all the time to winch my car on my trailer. Also came in handy when I blew up 2nd gear at the track :headbang:

TheGoodGuy

The Good Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chard
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp. Orange
No template. I installed it and took some rough measurements and then did trial fit ----> enlarge -----> trial fit -----> enlarge, etc. I could take some measurements if you end up buying one.

I use it all the time to winch my car on my trailer. Also came in handy when I blew up 2nd gear at the track :headbang:
Measurements would be awesome if you can. Ironically I really want it to create more surface area infront my SC heat exchange (with the tubular design taking up less area). And having a function tow hook is a plus.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Du sol designs makes one. Perfect fit. But pricey.

I have been towed onto a steep tow truck twice with it already no issues.
Link? I can't seem to find them on Google.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I can confirm that the ZL1 Addons doesn't work with a Fmic. You could probably force it to by putting it behind the IC bracket but you'd have to space the other side to match and even then it may be too close to the Radiator.

OP
OP

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a Duosold Tow hook available if someone wants to buy it with a discount - it WILL NOT work with a Vortech / Paxton FMIC. The Ford racing hook works well for the boosted crowd.

OP
OP

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a Duosold Tow hook available if someone wants to buy it with a discount - it WILL NOT work with a Vortech / Paxton FMIC. The Ford racing hook works well for the boosted crowd.
I need to measure from PP lip or some other repeatable reference point when I have my front end off in a few weeks but this gives you a rough idea to tape up a template and see if it looks right.
IMG_2435.jpg
Sponsored