tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Nearly 5000 miles in and have picked up one or two minor battle scars. Does anyone have any advice / recommendations for touch up paint, either professional or DIY ?
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
DIY I used fords paint. took me about 4-5hours and lots of layering to get the chip 'gone' it's a case of time over convenience; if you want a quick fix, you can just put a dab on and you won't really see it until you look there; if you want a more permanent fix it's going to take a lot of layers of paint, tcutting it back, polish etc.

If doing yourself I used an old kitchen tile to put the paint on, a fine detail horse hair brush, a one hell of a lot of patience.

I know others have bought Dr Colour Chip; which is a silicone (IIRC) based paint that you dab on and wipe off - @Ian whu can give you a review

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
I always use Ford touch up paints. You can also buy touch up primer/ build up if it is a deep chip or scratch.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
I use a black marker pen for a quick fix/emergency. I can grind the nib into the chip and wipe off the excess. A couple of days later and it takes me a couple of seconds to find the original point of damage.

I just scuffed the front alloy going into Homebase. I didn't want anyone walking past to see my embarrassment so a quick colour in with my black marker pen and all the damage is hardly noticeable.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
tooley

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Darn. No Comp Orange

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't seem to be able to get CO from Ford! Can the Official Ford touch up paint be bought elsewhere?

Kiwimatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Darn. No Comp Orange
Croyde, search this page using your colour code first, then the make model etc, should be on the inside of your drivers door, eg magnetic is J7 but not listed if you search for mustang colours from the home page. Sorry if I'm teaching grannies! I think the code is CY? And is available, £49.95 for small bottle, plenty for me, done about 8-10 chips so far.

http://www.drcolourchip.co.uk/select-color
image.jpg

Last edited:

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nearly 5000 miles in and have picked up one or two minor battle scars. Does anyone have any advice / recommendations for touch up paint, either professional or DIY ?
I used Ford's stuff, got it for free too :)
Sponsored