Torn IRS subframe bushing

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I purchased the Steeda Stop the Hop kit, and when I went to install it I noticed the driver side front IRS subframe busing was already torn. Car is 2020 GT with only 2500 miles on it, and still has the factory 235 all season tires.

I ended up just installing the kit over these anyway. Will I have any issues moving forward? I assume I could have taken it in for warranty work, but I probably can't now unless I remove the Steeda parts before taking it in.

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
With that low mileage I would take it in. Also makes you wonder how it got torn.

However on mine I tore a diff support bushing on the rear subframe and I just added some aluminum race bushing supports and called it a day. The ride/NVH isn't even that bad either.

imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Bonedizzle, did you have lots of hard drag launches and wheel hop during the 2500 miles before you went to install your differential bushing kit? Sticky tires? That is very strange to see something like that, so soon.

OP
OP

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
just your usual i have a new mustang stuff, couple burn outs (how else do you test the line lock?), maybe a handful of launches, all on the street and all on the factory 235 all season Pirellis. I thought it did have bad wheel hop, which is why I went with the stop the hop kit.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
just your usual i have a new mustang stuff, couple burn outs (how else do you test the line lock?), maybe a handful of launches, all on the street and all on the factory 235 all season Pirellis. I thought it did have bad wheel hop, which is why I went with the stop the hop kit.
That’s unfortunate that after all of these years, FORD couldn’t make sure they eliminated that wheel hop crap to prevent parts breakage. Back in the late 70’s through the mid 80’s, they installed so-called traction bars or slapped bars as a bandaid to wheel hop. Thank God there are aftermarket companies that have us in mind when it comes to fixing this BS.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The need for reducing NVH makes it hard to prevent all wheel hop issues.
Sponsored