Top trim popping off

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
The top trim seems to be separating, and pops back open when I clamp them together with my hand. I assume the top bracket is interfering. Any easy way to keep it closed?
20200429_112157.jpg
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Mine does that too at that exact spot.
Unfortunately I'm no longer under warranty. Up to now I've just been ignoring it as best as I can. If it gets too worrisome I'll take it apart and see what's going on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Thanks all. I'll wait for my first lol change to mention it, since it's just cosmetic!

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Youā€™re past 36000 miles already? Well, at least youā€™re enjoying the car a lot!
Well, it had 30k when I bought it. But, to be fair, that was 8 months ago and it turned 50k last weekend.
Yes, I AM enjoying driving it. In 46 years of owning and driving I've never enjoyed driving a car as much, ever. It's my DD and when I'm not commuting it's the vehicle we take. Can't stop smiling every time I see or drive it.

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
Well, it had 30k when I bought it. But, to be fair, that was 8 months ago and it turned 50k last weekend.
Yes, I AM enjoying driving it. In 46 years of owning and driving I've never enjoyed driving a car as much, ever. It's my DD and when I'm not commuting it's the vehicle we take. Can't stop smiling every time I see or drive it.
I know the feeling. My last car was a GMC Terrain, perfectly fine vehicle, immaculate condition, averaged 8,000 miles a year. I have a company car, so Iā€™d go weeks without driving it, and the wife never drove it. I bought the convertible last May, and Iā€™m at 18000 miles in the first year. I drive it every chance I get, and the wife steals it a few times a week. These cars are just damn fun to drive!

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
The top trim seems to be separating, and pops back open when I clamp them together with my hand. I assume the top bracket is interfering. Any easy way to keep it closed?
20200429_112157.jpg
I have literally the exact same issue in the same spot. I have yet to be able to figure out how to fix that gap.

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Same thing for me, i always thought it was the compagny that install some tiny chips to track the vehicule if stolen, That did this.

ecerdas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Covertible
Same thing for me, i always thought it was the compagny that install some tiny chips to track the vehicule if stolen, That did this.
This is happening to mine in that exact same location. I bought the car a couple weeks back and this was the 1st thing I notice when took delivery. Your theory of the tracking device makes sense, as mine has one. HAs anyone else experiencing this actually solved it?

Cheers!

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Here are some illustrations and pics from Ford's catalog. Hope it helps a little

Con1.jpg

Con2.jpg

Con3.jpg

Con4.jpg

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
That is EXACTLY how I feel about mine, whether it's a 10 min run to the grocery store or 8 1/2 hours to NC, it makes me happy each time.

RWN2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have the same crack on my 2019 GT convertible at the same exact location. Mine is still under the original "bumper to bumper" warranty so I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. The service manager and a few technicians looked at the crack and they told me that they had seen this problem before. They told me that they ordered the parts to fix it from Ford, and proceeded to fix (or repair) the windshield header with new parts. They said that within a short time frame (couple of months) the crack appeared again, at the exact same place!! They offered to order parts, but that my best option would be for me to get a strong adhesive (Super Glue) and carefully apply the glue to the affected area and clamp it shut for an appropriate time. I had originally thought of that repair, but since it was still under warranty I took in just to see if they would repair it. Ford dealer said it would take a little while to get all of the parts together, and my car would be in the shop for a while, so all of the trouble for a small crack in the header trim, I decided that glueing it myself was the best option. Easy fix!
Sponsored