Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You say Janky.....I say impossible!

I would buy it in a second if I thought I could wire it up!
Yeah, I have no fear when it comes to this kind of thing.

I'm even successful about 75% of time ... :lol:

Side note: looks like a few of the connections are 3-way, I'd use some butt splicers vs. cutting the OEM wires.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny, everything else I'll tackle but show me a wiring schematic and I have an anxiety attack!

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
I looked into this module, as well. The fact that it hasn't been retrofitted for the S550, after 3 years of production, tells me it can't be done easily.

CDC also changed the installation of the cutoff for the light bar brake light when the top is up. The S197 cutoff is wired into the car, while the S550 is a mechanical switch added to the bump stop in the top mechanism.

It seems Ford refused to release any information on how they programmed the top for the S550. Not even to CDC, who has made aftermarket convertible accessories for the mustang for years.

I believe Webasto is the manufacturer of the OEM top on the S550. Maybe some research into other Webasto tops would provide additional clues.

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
Make the following changes with Forscan

7D0-02-01 x5xx xxxx xxxx to x7xx xxxx xxxx

This permits Navigation entry while the vehicle is in motion, along with other lockouts (reading texts, scrolling up through the phone book)
This post is from another thread. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77423

It doesn't disable the 3 mph nanny for the convertible top, but could help someone who knows about ABD to figure it out.

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, I posted in that thread to ask if anything had seen anything relating to convertible top operation (@ N MPH).

I might eventually wade into it myself, I'm a software developer of 25+ years, everything from embedded systems to VR, so I'm pretty comfortable tinkering around with that kind of thing.
Sponsored