Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I run the nut down with my impact, let off some of the pressure on the coil, then hit the impact again. Tightened when the strut was back in the car.
Sponsored

batchest121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I used the 21mm Steeda socket but the 10mm wrench kept slipping off the strut shaft before I could get the strut nut properly torqued. Anybody else have this problem? It's almost as if the wrench needs to be 9.5mm instead of 10.
yeah same thing happened to me.
I was trying to get it torqued while it was not in the car though, I figured that the torque spec is for when there is no force acting on the upper strut mount. I think I heard a click but it could've been just the wrench slipping off. I stripped a little bit of metal off of the rod, but shouldn't be an issue. To avoid further damage I decided to just verify that I have the same amount of thread showing as in the struts which were still in the car.

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I used the 21mm Steeda socket but the 10mm wrench kept slipping off the strut shaft before I could get the strut nut properly torqued. Anybody else have this problem? It's almost as if the wrench needs to be 9.5mm instead of 10.
Same problem. What is the best size then?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual