Too good of a deal - something fishy???

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I'm a happy owner of a Mach 1. When I get bored (the weather sux right now) I search the internet for good deals on Mustangs thinking that one day I will find one that will tempt me to trade in my M1 (it's actually how I found my M1). It would have to be like the perfect GT350.... So far, I haven't found anything that moves me.

But.... I stumbled upon a used 24 Dark Horse at a Ford dealer with the handling package, less than 100 miles on it, clean Carfax, for $7000 under the original MSRP with a couple price drops in the past few weeks. This price seems very low for this new of a loaded used Dark Horse.

I did note, however, that the Carfax report did not specifically report what the previous owner used the car for (i.e. personal/corporate/lease etc.). Instead, it said "N/A unknown." Also, there were a lot of photos of the car but none of the engine which I thought was weird.

So, I am reaching out to you all as fellow Mustang enthusiasts to ask for your thoughts about this vehicle. Is it priced too low, and they are trying to unload it due to an issue with the car? If the previous owner info is unknown was the car briefly used as a demo by the dealer for less that 100 miles and potentially driven hard? Since just about every used V8 Mustang posted on a site has a pic of the engine could there be an issue under the hood? Overall, it seems weird that a 24 Dark Horse HP, less than 100 miles on it, is for sale in February of 24 for $7k under the original MSRP. Oh yeah, and they are Ford Certifying it.

Appreciate any thoughts you all care to share and thank you.
I paid $7k under MSRP on the '22 Mach1 HP I ordered from Granger Motors. They sold dozens of them for that price. Maybe the dealer just wants to unload it? They will still make some money on it, and maybe the demand isn't that great in their area?
Sponsored

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I'm a happy owner of a Mach 1. When I get bored (the weather sux right now) I search the internet for good deals on Mustangs thinking that one day I will find one that will tempt me to trade in my M1 (it's actually how I found my M1). It would have to be like the perfect GT350.... So far, I haven't found anything that moves me.

But.... I stumbled upon a used 24 Dark Horse at a Ford dealer with the handling package, less than 100 miles on it, clean Carfax, for $7000 under the original MSRP with a couple price drops in the past few weeks. This price seems very low for this new of a loaded used Dark Horse.

I did note, however, that the Carfax report did not specifically report what the previous owner used the car for (i.e. personal/corporate/lease etc.). Instead, it said "N/A unknown." Also, there were a lot of photos of the car but none of the engine which I thought was weird.

So, I am reaching out to you all as fellow Mustang enthusiasts to ask for your thoughts about this vehicle. Is it priced too low, and they are trying to unload it due to an issue with the car? If the previous owner info is unknown was the car briefly used as a demo by the dealer for less that 100 miles and potentially driven hard? Since just about every used V8 Mustang posted on a site has a pic of the engine could there be an issue under the hood? Overall, it seems weird that a 24 Dark Horse HP, less than 100 miles on it, is for sale in February of 24 for $7k under the original MSRP. Oh yeah, and they are Ford Certifying it.

Appreciate any thoughts you all care to share and thank you.
Why speculate? Call the dealer and
ask what the story is.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
FWIW I don’t trust Carfax…Back in 2014 my wife’s new Scion Tc was involved in two minor accidents requiring insurance claims & body work both times. After the second accident I decided to trade it in for a 2015 Ecoboost for her.The dealer put the Tc on the lot with a clean Carfax noting only a recent oil change.
I agree. Carfax will only indicate an accident IF insurance was used to repair it. My son bought a car that was "clean" via Carfax but later we found the right rear had been damaged (found body filler that's easy to detect using a magnet).

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The Darkhorse is a major fail. price is trash, performance over a GT isnt there. Not worth the hype and mark up the dealers offer.
I remember people saying that about the M1.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
indeed. Which is why I bought discounted. :)

I gotta say the Tremec ratios are much nicer since I'm a believer of SPIN the gd engine camp. MTd4 even with 3.73 is a bit tall - I never use 6th unless pushing steady-state of 75mph+

The stock, unmolested M1 exhaust is very, very nice! my GT has Steeda-H and Borla 'sport' cat-back and while the latter is actually louder, the rumble of the M1 is just lovely.

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
Because people couldn't get off the GT350 train. And that has changed.

The Dark Horse is a complete flop right out of the gate. It's expensive, less attractive than the S550 and performs worse than the Mach 1 and GT350.
Sponsored