AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
No. The mf muffler in place of corsa’s x Pipe with the extreme muffler’s. All 3”
Ahhhhhh very interesting! So was there any cutting / welding or was this a direct replacement for the x? What about the connection to your LTH? Did this cure the brutal cold start? Happen to have any sound clips? If you noticed a performance difference I wonder if some what restrictive increasing back pressure ?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the mf 12469 a couple of days ago and holy smokes! it took the extreme from wild to mild. At first I didn't like it because it seemed to quite, but it has grown on me, and it is still pretty loud at wot. The car also feels a bit faster coming from the factory cat back. Now when I grab second gear it gets a bit sideways on me. That didn't happen before.
I had the Xtreme mufflers with MF 11386. Same feeling. Decently loud at WOT, but really tame otherwise, and IMO, sours the Corsa tone. I think it pairs much better any of the Borla mufflers or the Roush, as they're deeper to start. I much prefer the Sport catback to the Xtreme mufflers with a resonated X.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
2FCDFDDF-058D-4FD1-8498-E1F408117301.jpeg
4976B83E-4DD9-4EC3-852D-68A14EFBFDA9.jpeg
Ahhhhhh very interesting! So was there any cutting / welding or was this a direct replacement for the x? What about the connection to your LTH? Did this cure the brutal cold start? Happen to have any sound clips? If you noticed a performance difference I wonder if some what restrictive increasing back pressure ?
Yeah, there was a fair amount of cutting and welding involved. I basically did away with the corsa x pipe and the magna flow took its place.
I only took one before pic. No after because I was in a hurry to leave the shop. I’m here 10-12 hours a day.

Gojr47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got vibrant 12" resonators welded onto my Sport cat back and it took away the rasp the catless headers added. The tone is deeper and more pleasing to me. It cut down the volume a little. Cold starts are still loud but not violent anymore if that makes sense. It's quieter on the inside while driving which I like. Overall, it's slightly less loud than the Extreme with stock headers. I'm going to be sticking with this combo. I'm done spending money on my exhaust.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2FCDFDDF-058D-4FD1-8498-E1F408117301.jpeg
4976B83E-4DD9-4EC3-852D-68A14EFBFDA9.jpeg

Yeah, there was a fair amount of cutting and welding involved. I basically did away with the corsa x pipe and the magna flow took its place.
I only took one before pic. No after because I was in a hurry to leave the shop. I’m here 10-12 hours a day.
I'd be interested in hearing what this combo sounds like if you have any clips !

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I got vibrant 12" resonators welded onto my Sport cat back and it took away the rasp the catless headers added. The tone is deeper and more pleasing to me. It cut down the volume a little. Cold starts are still loud but not violent anymore if that makes sense. It's quieter on the inside while driving which I like. Overall, it's slightly less loud than the Extreme with stock headers. I'm going to be sticking with this combo. I'm done spending money on my exhaust.
Interesting. Did you chop the x at a point and add the vibrants or did you just pull the x completely and add new piping with them? Any pics post install or sound clips?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Did you chop the x at a point and add the vibrants or did you just pull the x completely and add new piping with them? Any pics post install or sound clips?
I've seen a few do this. You can get the resonators in just ahead of the mufflers in the straight section of piping. I believe @MikeyPee did this. You could try this instead of trying to find the Touring axleback.

His words, "It was too loud for my taste. I had some Vibrant bottle resonators (12" total length) welded in, and they're a perfect fit between the bends just in front of the mufflers. It's sounds perfect now, a touch of rasp, and a lot less volume. I didn't wanna hack-up the Corsa, but I don't regret doing it AT ALL. When I get around to it, I'll post a vid of the new set-up"

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-off-road-longtubes.51758/page-2#post-1306954

Gojr47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The resonators were put on like in the thread bmacil posted. The guy at the exhaust shop said it would bring the sound down more than if he cut the x. Don't know if that's true or not.

I'll get a cold start clip tomorrow. It will be from my phone so the audio won't be the best.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I've seen a few do this. You can get the resonators in just ahead of the mufflers in the straight section of piping. I believe @MikeyPee did this. You could try this instead of trying to find the Touring axleback.

His words, "It was too loud for my taste. I had some Vibrant bottle resonators (12" total length) welded in, and they're a perfect fit between the bends just in front of the mufflers. It's sounds perfect now, a touch of rasp, and a lot less volume. I didn't wanna hack-up the Corsa, but I don't regret doing it AT ALL. When I get around to it, I'll post a vid of the new set-up"

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-off-road-longtubes.51758/page-2#post-1306954
Thank you ! This does look VERY promising. The fact he mentioned not just tone but that it quieted it down some :turkey:

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The resonators were put on like in the thread bmacil posted. The guy at the exhaust shop said it would bring the sound down more than if he cut the x. Don't know if that's true or not.

I'll get a cold start clip tomorrow. It will be from my phone so the audio won't be the best.
That would be awesome thank you!

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
To everyone considering it, go for it. I’ve had the resonators on for a while now, and the tone hasn’t changed at all, even after the blower install. There is zero rasp

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
To everyone considering it, go for it. I’ve had the resonators on for a while now, and the tone hasn’t changed at all, even after the blower install. There is zero rasp
Thanks for the feedback Any sound clips by chance? Any worry of exhaust leaks going this route (running ff)?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'd be interested in hearing what this combo sounds like if you have any clips !
I'll get some sound clips tomorrow.maybe latter if I go out,but probably tomorrow

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Were those 1794s?

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP