AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I am finding cold starts more tolerable now with ff being run for a few tanks now. It's a little rougher at start but the volume definitely is not as vicious.

Still leaning towards those vibrants though right before the mufflers as I'm sure I'll be switching back to 91 sometimes.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I had Corsa LTH and cat deletes installed last week.....to go with my Corsa Xtreme cat back.

I loved the Xtreme before last week.... now.. I don't even want to drive the damn car. OMG!!!! And I love loud.....but..

I ordered some 12 inch Vibrant bottle resonators. PLEASE tell me these are going to help? I did some researching and I will likely have my exhaust shop cut the corsa twin X down to one and mount them there. Any better ideas?

Anybody want to trade Xtremes for tourings? LOL

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I had Corsa LTH and cat deletes installed last week.....to go with my Corsa Xtreme cat back.

I loved the Xtreme before last week.... now.. I don't even want to drive the damn car. OMG!!!! And I love loud.....but..

I ordered some 12 inch Vibrant bottle resonators. PLEASE tell me these are going to help? I did some researching and I will likely have my exhaust shop cut the corsa twin X down to one and mount them there. Any better ideas?

Anybody want to trade Xtremes for tourings? LOL
I was thinking the touring route as well but never found any takers. 3" in/out 12" vibrants right b4 the mufflers seems to have potential, likely what I am going to try as well. There are pics earlier on this thread showing the location and a video as well. Gonna do another dyno myself likely Tues and will get a video then will post one after I do the vibrants as well.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the touring route as well but never found any takers. 3" in/out 12" vibrants right b4 the mufflers seems to have potential, likely what I am going to try as well. There are pics earlier on this thread showing the location and a video as well. Gonna do another dyno myself likely Tues and will get a video then will post one after I do the vibrants as well.
I made this mistake (sound wise) right before I was to take the car to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise next week. If I were start the sob at my parents house in the morning, my Dad would either shoot me or have a heart attack...

I will have mine on by Thurs. I really hope this gets this thing tamed a little. I didn't see a video...saw the pic though.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I made this mistake (sound wise) right before I was to take the car to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise next week. If I were start the sob at my parents house in the morning, my Dad would either shoot me or have a heart attack...

I will have mine on by Thurs. I really hope this gets this thing tamed a little. I didn't see a video...saw the pic though.
Strange the video is showing up unavailable. You can check the page before tggt did a magnaflow in the mid pipe area on his extreme. There's a video there too. Tames it a lot.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Strange the video is showing up unavailable. You can check the page before tggt did a magnaflow in the mid pipe area on his extreme. There's a video there too. Tames it a lot.
I ended up tracking down the one TGGT did and one above it.(Granted that one had sport/Touring from the gate and not Xtreme mufflers.)

Both options, Vibrant and the MF 12469 really tame the set up down. As mentioned else ware sadly, almost to the point where the signature Corsa baritone sound is lost. I guess some rev clips past idle would help too.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I ended up tracking down the one TGGT did and one above it.(Granted that one had sport/Touring from the gate and not Xtreme mufflers.)

Both options, Vibrant and the MF 12469 really tame the set up down. As mentioned else ware sadly, almost to the point where the signature Corsa baritone sound is lost. I guess some rev clips past idle would help too.
The vibrant 1794s that mikeypee have right before the mufflers seemed to help some but didnt lose the tone and were still pretty loud actually. These were in the clips where the video is currently unavailable. It was from a dyno session he did.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The vibrant 1794s that mikeypee have right before the mufflers seemed to help some but didnt lose the tone and were still pretty loud actually. These were in the clips where the video is currently unavailable. It was from a dyno session he did.
Love to see it as those are the ones I got coming.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Love to see it as those are the ones I got coming.
Nice ! That's the way I'm leaning as well. I'm catted even with my ARH and it's still evil. Are you thinking right before the mufflers too or are you planning on hacking up the double x?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

Those are the extreme mufflers with the mf 12469. It’s quiet at idle and Cruze but it’s plenty loud under wot. This set up has really grown on me and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to not get pulled over all the time

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nice ! That's the way I'm leaning as well. I'm catted even with my ARH and it's still evil. Are you thinking right before the mufflers too or are you planning on hacking up the double x?
Gonna let the shop call it based on what they think. I would love to not hack up the Corsa X.

TGGT..

I was saying there was a video above yours that had the sport mufflers. I know yours has the Xtreams,

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Gonna let the shop call it based on what they think. I would love to not hack up the Corsa X.

TGGT..

I was saying there was a video above yours that had the sport mufflers. I know yours has the Xtreams,
Good call. Post a vid if possible after, a long with your thoughts on before and after. In mikeypees vid it seemed to maintain the tone but calm it down some, though I am not sure how much it really helped the volume.

Tggts solution definitely brought cold start volume down dramatically, though would be curious to hear what wot with that setup sounded like.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Good call. Post a vid if possible after, a long with your thoughts on before and after. In mikeypees vid it seemed to maintain the tone but calm it down some, though I am not sure how much it really helped the volume.

Tggts solution definitely brought cold start volume down dramatically, though would be curious to hear what wot with that setup sounded like.

That is what I would like to hear, is a WOT or a rev clip from TGGT.

What I am looking to do is tame the start up some, hopefully back to pre- LTH/catless level or close and get rid of the broadcast and rasp.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

TGGT..

Oh. My bad. Yeah I’ll re post it , and hopefully I’ll have some clips of it on the dyno by the end of the week so you can hear how it sounds at wot

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Here's the repost of the cold start vid with the corsa extreme and what has becom a custom x pipe with a mf 12469
Sponsored