Sponsored

Toning down 18GT LTH Exhaust

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
@AZ18yote No clips yet, but there is one in the thread titled Rasp conquered from the OP.

@TGGT Unless you've got a power adder and are making a ton of power the the stock cat back isn't hurting you. Ever notice none of these manufactures advertise HP gains with these systems?

It comes down to sound, if your happy with the stock system.....I'd leave well enough alone. Sell the extreme, get a tune or something that really makes power!
No power adder, but with the 4:10's and the cobra jet mani it wants to rev and I feel like it's getting chocked out a bit above 6K. I actually do like the sound of the stock cat back with the LTH , but I'm looking to make power. I should be getting my e85 tune next week and I would like to see 500-520 at the wheel
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Even at that power level I doubt the stock cat back is costing you much if anything. Plenty of supercharged cars making around 700whp with the stock cat back. I believe Whipple's 2018 was one.

Most of the issue is that your not hearing the car....loud cars seem faster!

If it's something that's bothering you, the Magnaflow resonator would probably bring the volume down to a manageable level

No power adder, but with the 4:10's and the cobra jet mani it wants to rev and I feel like it's getting chocked out a bit above 6K. I actually do like the sound of the stock cat back with the LTH , but I'm looking to make power. I should be getting my e85 tune next week and I would like to see 500-520 at the wheel

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
anyone tried the Dynomax Ultra Flo X Part #17553 in place of the stock resonator? Just curious if it would fit or not.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
anyone tried the Dynomax Ultra Flo X Part #17553 in place of the stock resonator? Just curious if it would fit or not.
The case size looks good, the only thing I don't see is the distance between outlets. We need something around 4.25 on center if I remember correctly.

They are made in 3" too, might be a good find for the OP!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The case size looks good, the only thing I don't see is the distance between outlets. We need something around 4.25 on center if I remember correctly.

They are made in 3" too, might be a good find for the OP!
Looks like the 17554 is actually 3" in and out. Though not sure it is meant for volume control as much. Looks like the muffler body length is 20" with overall length being 25". I don't know where that could be squeezed in on this setup but could definitely be an option on stock.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
didnt someone on here setup the Active exhaust without the car coming from the factory with it? the mufflers were decently cheap but he had to get the actuators and then cut them open and do some work to them. i forgot what he did to control them. My car on quiet mode is just that barely audible in the car, in track its pretty much straight through. in normal its not bad at all. I do have rasp, but would imagine a H pipe would take care of a lot of that. I need to make a video of the different modes, different driving clips and stuff to put together because i get a lot of PM's about how it sounds and stuff. When looking i couldnt find like a cruising video in quiet or a WOT in quiet and things like that. so ill try and get together a video to do it and see if a friend could edit it decently.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I too have long tubes paired with my active exhaust on my 18. The sound is really good, however, the rasp from 2000-2500rpm ruins it for me. Also, at WOT when the valves open, on my setup, it wakes the dead... a bit too much for me.

I purchased Magnaflow 12468 to weld in place of my x pipe, however, after getting under the car about to install, we realized there is very limited space, a disappointing situation. I put some small Aero25 resonators in after the x pipe, which did reduce the rasp, but it's still there and still annoying. And unfortunately the cold starts are still EXTREMELY loud. Unfortunately there is nothing in the calibration about having the valves closed during a cold start, only while in gear, only 50% of what I need. Damn you Ford...

The search continues for a solution. I may need to remake the x pipe section to accommodate a smaller Magnaflow resonated X pipe, the 11386 was a possible contender, but after taking a few measurements, even that will still be super tight.

Kris

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I too have long tubes paired with my active exhaust on my 18. The sound is really good, however, the rasp from 2000-2500rpm ruins it for me. Also, at WOT when the valves open, on my setup, it wakes the dead... a bit too much for me.

I purchased Magnaflow 12468 to weld in place of my x pipe, however, after getting under the car about to install, we realized there is very limited space, a disappointing situation. I put some small Aero25 resonators in after the x pipe, which did reduce the rasp, but it's still there and still annoying. And unfortunately the cold starts are still EXTREMELY loud. Unfortunately there is nothing in the calibration about having the valves closed during a cold start, only while in gear, only 50% of what I need. Damn you Ford...

The search continues for a solution. I may need to remake the x pipe section to accommodate a smaller Magnaflow resonated X pipe, the 11386 was a possible contender, but after taking a few measurements, even that will still be super tight.

Kris
If you are at stock diameter still I would think you are much less limited. Trying to remain 3" is proving to be difficult in this journey to calm it down.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
12468 will fit.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
12468 will fit.
Wonder if the Borla 60668 resonator could be an option. It appears to be 3" in and out but does state only fits Borla cat backs fitted for active though not sure why that would matter for a mid muffler.

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
If you are at stock diameter still I would think you are much less limited. Trying to remain 3" is proving to be difficult in this journey to calm it down.
12468 will fit.
Normally I would agree to both of you under certain circumstances, however, with my setup, I will have to reconstruct my entire midsection to get it to fit. I have a better chance at getting the smaller 11386 to fit.

Kris

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if the Borla 60668 resonator could be an option. It appears to be 3" in and out but does state only fits Borla cat backs fitted for active though not sure why that would matter for a mid muffler.
Looks like it would work. I don’t see anything “active” about it.

It would be the 3” Golden ticket if it does!

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I installed the mf 12469 a couple of days ago and holy smokes! it took the extreme from wild to mild. At first I didn't like it because it seemed to quite, but it has grown on me, and it is still pretty loud at wot. The car also feels a bit faster coming from the factory cat back. Now when I grab second gear it gets a bit sideways on me. That didn't happen before.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I installed the mf 12469 a couple of days ago and holy smokes! it took the extreme from wild to mild. At first I didn't like it because it seemed to quite, but it has grown on me, and it is still pretty loud at wot. The car also feels a bit faster coming from the factory cat back. Now when I grab second gear it gets a bit sideways on me. That didn't happen before.
Just to recap, you installed this in place of the stock resonator with the stock mufflers and LTH? You mentioned Extreme so was not sure if you actually had a Corsa setup?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just to recap, you installed this in place of the stock resonator with the stock mufflers and LTH? You mentioned Extreme so was not sure if you actually had a Corsa setup?
No. The mf muffler in place of corsa’s x Pipe with the extreme muffler’s. All 3”
Sponsored