Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I bit the bullet and did the "one Connected" fix this evening, along with a navi update. The Connected fix was actually pretty easy.

The navi fix required navigating through some SERIOUSLY sketchy websites to download some files. I had a lot of help from one of the members here and everything ended up fine, but I was cursing more than a little bit.

If anyone knows of a file host that can handle a ~2GB file I'll upload the whole shebang and make a video on how to update navi with it!
I would love to update the maps and eventually some other stuff. Please upload a vid on everything if you could. All of this is a bit harder for me with a Mac and no SD card reader but I want to update the unit soon and with the possibilities of changing things and the look, super excited.
Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I would love to update the maps and eventually some other stuff. Please upload a vid on everything if you could. All of this is a bit harder for me with a Mac and no SD card reader but I want to update the unit soon and with the possibilities of changing things and the look, super excited.
I can do a video on Monday (car's in the shop this weekend), but I combined all the files you need, uploaded them to a better host, and wrote a guide. It should be really simple now!

www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1392153

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I bit the bullet and did the "one Connected" fix this evening, along with a navi update. The Connected fix was actually pretty easy.

The navi fix required navigating through some SERIOUSLY sketchy websites to download some files. I had a lot of help from one of the members here and everything ended up fine, but I was cursing more than a little bit.

If anyone knows of a file host that can handle a ~2GB file I'll upload the whole shebang and make a video on how to update navi with it!
You can upload it to googledrive or OneDrive and share the link :)

Sponsored

cnewsome06

Casey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Anyone know why my sync connects but the audio doesn't work?

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
That is not from the TomTop unit. It's a problem between sync and Android, happened to me a few times ever since I switched from Iphone... try these things:

Turning the phone off/on, turning bluetooth off/on, turning car off/on (so it turns sync on off). Worst case scenario, you will just have to pull the sync fuse out for like 10 seconds and plug it back in!

cnewsome06

Casey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
That is not from the TomTop unit. It's a problem between sync and Android, happened to me a few times ever since I switched from Iphone... try these things:

Turning the phone off/on, turning bluetooth off/on, turning car off/on (so it turns sync on off). Worst case scenario, you will just have to pull the sync fuse out for like 10 seconds and plug it back in!
OK thanks. I'll try that again.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Sync can bite my ass. It takes a shit on me about every 6 weeks and I have to pull the fuses to make it work again. There's no rhyme or reason: I can be cookin' right along with cruise control on listening to a song or a podcast, and all of a sudden it will disconnect and bug out when trying to reconnect.

It's so bad that I just pulled the fuse panel cover off and left it in the back seat, and I carry needlenose pliers in the center console.

This has been happening since the first month I bought the car.

The dealer tells me this is "normal."

cnewsome06

Casey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
It's just weird because it worked before and now that I have the tomtop it connects but no sound I've done everything possible. Even tried to connect different phones and still it connects but no sound.

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Has anyone tried this with a MAC computer?

The the RAR files etc. read the same?

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
hey guys still working on this somewhat. got alot of stuff goin on recently and havent been on the computer much. still seeking help if anyone still has intrest
Sponsored