Sponsored

To all the E85 users out there,...(check this out)

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Makes sense, I just thought posting on the mustang forum it was a coyote. Yeah ecus have come a long way from the hondata i was playing with in the 90's. I wish i had the programing skills that some of you guys have thats where all the real horsepower is these days.
Yes, having stand alones that can run CAN data (dash boards, etc) really has opened up the world of what is possible, if........ you have the time and patience to program all of it. LOL.

I only use about 10% of what my box is capable of....
Plus now having boxes that can overlay data onto video!!!! OMG
Sponsored

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
Well, in the last 7 years I have been very good about cleaning out my filters about once a month or so just as caution. As well as having the injectors cleaned at least once a year. Always warning people to keep an eye on fuel pressure, and air fuel ratio once they swap to E85.

My car has been flawless as usual, same plugs, no tune changes.
Then I got gas a week ago, and 1 day later got the fuel pressure warning.....

Here is what I found today when I pulled the filter.
The dreaded "E85 mystery goo balls"
e85_fun.jpg

Now I know there are allllllll sorts of theories on internal vs. external pumps, and heat in fuel vs running coolers, and additives etc. However I can run months without an issue what so ever, then magically after one fill up get this. (without any change to my set up) So, who knows what really causes it...all I know is that if you run E85, make sure to keep your eye on that AFR, and FUEL pressure. :)

PS: So I run a $4000 ecu on my car, that I have programed in many safety functions, to shut down the car if issues arise that could hurt the motor. (Such as AFR ratio per psi, fuel pressure monitor, etc) All of these functions can set codes, flash a light, or shut the motor down if something is bad enough.... (aka, fuel pressure dropping) So no motor damage happened, just a warning, and some down time to clean everything.
How do you clean your filter after removal? Is there a disolvent for this e85 issue?

Thanks!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
How do you clean your filter after removal? Is there a disolvent for this e85 issue?

Thanks!
Depends on the filter type. Hopefully your AREN'T using a paper filter. They can be cleaned just by soaking in regular gasoline. Also why it's recommended on the flex fuel tunes to run a tank of gasoline every few tanks.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
anyone checked their Sai li kit?

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
This is part of the reason why I run a full tank of 93 for every 3 or so tanks of E85...

Sponsored

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the filter type. Hopefully your AREN'T using a paper filter. They can be cleaned just by soaking in regular gasoline. Also why it's recommended on the flex fuel tunes to run a tank of gasoline every few tanks.
Thanks, I actually have a Fore Return Fuel system with 128mm microglass ssd filter.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So wait.. ProCharger you run a $4000 ecu in your car to keep it safe? Doesn't seem to safe to me. Why not take that $4000 and put some forged slugs in the engine and make 1k at the wheels? Seems like a lot of extra worry for even an extra 50-100 hp

Just sayin
Detonation kills forged stuff just as easy.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ive been running E85 since 2012 moving here to vegas and never had this or seen it, none of the cars that we did FF on had the problem either. Wonder if its location? Weather? I ran straight e85 in one of my cars for 3 years straight never filling up with pump and when i parted that out and swapped pumps with the guy that bought my FI setup it was fine.. damn

Sponsored

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: GT2

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I run a tank of 93 once a month to prevent this.

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:DAMN

Is that on the f1a94? Stock engine? POWER

E85 is the shit
Yup F1A-94, stock engine and on wastegate at 15psi it made 922whp.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
The theory is the gunk comes from converting cars with some miles on them over to e85 and the gunk is residue from cleaning effects of alcohol. My injectors I bought from my buddy had around 8k e85 miles on them and looked brand new, but they came out of his brand new e85 only car.

Making good power jwilson!! Makes me wanna get the 94mm wheel, but I’m not running a wastagate lol
Sponsored