Sponsored

Tire replacement questions

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Hey guys I need to get a new Pirelli p zero 255/40 ZR19 96Y for my PP GT.

How does everyone like Tire Rack? Is that a good website to buy from, trustworthy?

Also they only have the p zero in 255/40 ZR19 in 100 Y load/speed rating. Is this okay if all the rest are 96 Y rating?

I'm not sure how the load rating would effect the handling, it's pretty close in number but I don't know so that's why I'm here.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Tirerack has been around forever and perfectly trustworthy. Should you choose them, you can have the tire drop shipped to a shop nearby.

That said, there are a lot of take-offs available from the likes of [MENTION=18090]Competition Orange[/MENTION] and others that will save you a ton!

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Tire Rack is a reputable site.

Yea just buy some cheap takeoffs. I would would never consider buying these P Zeros new when there are better tires out there for the same price.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Tire Rack is a reputable site.

Yea just buy some cheap takeoffs. I would would never consider buying these P Zeros new when there are better tires out there for the same price.
True but for $170 each for the rears, I had to buy 2.

Sponsored

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Tire Rack does have them in 96Y, you have to look by brand, then model, then find your tire size by load rating. The 96Y looks to be being discontinued, but is still available for $234.75 per tire. Link below:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=54YR9P0&tab=Specs

Here is a good Q&A on Tire Rack regarding load rating and handling.

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/miles-of-smiles/xl-vs-standard-load-tires-what-should-i-do

My take, yes, could notice a slight change in handling depending on perceptive you are, and you should keep all tires on the same axle the same. In other words, keep the 96Y and 100Y tires separate, one pair up front, the other rating paired in the rear, but not mixed front and rear.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Why so cheap man? Those are pricey tires. Could you attach pics?
Because they won't sell unless cheap, and their fronts. I burned off the rears in 4500 miles and have no use for them. Also shipping is close to my asking price.

I'll grab tread depth specs and pics tonight.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I've been using Tirerack Basically since the first set of replacement tires I ever had to buy since being in Germany, generally hard to beat the price and impossible to beat the service, my Only complaint is that they don't honor the road hazard warranty over seas.
Sucked when I got a hole in the sidewall of my brand new tire last November.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
If they don't sell, they're going on the stock rear wheels for a few line locks until gone. I'd almost rather do that lol.
If he doesn't want them I'll buy them from you! I'm local
Sponsored