dengstrom5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Hi all,

Need some advice on TPMS sensors I just received from Tire Rack.

On their website, they were advertised as being a genuine Ford TPMS sensor (P/N F2GZ-1A189-A). I just received them today, and there are no markings on any of the sensors to confirm that they are the right part (i.e. the Ford P/N or a Schrader P/N that cross-references). In addition, two say "MADE IN UK" and two say "MADE IN MEXICO". From my understanding, all the genuine Ford sensors are made in USA. There's also a difference in the surface finish of the valve stems.

TireRackWebsite.PNG

PXL_20210127_234215510.jpg

TPMS_issue.PNG

Looking for some advice on what to do... Should I return these sensors and just order from the dealer? Or will these be okay?

I know the euro spec cars take a different sensor, so two sensors being made in the UK with different markings is concerning... Don't want to install these and then have to take them out because they wouldnt work.

Appreciate any help! Thank you.
Sponsored

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
They’re all 315 MHz, so that’s all that matters...technically.

I’d just be upfront with TireRack and tell them that you’d like all 4 sensors to have the same finish. Two gloss and two matte sensors would irritate me.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I don’t see an issue with them working correctly. As far as the finish on the stems, just have the guy at the tire shop put the matching finishes on the same side of it worries you. Nobody is going to notice the valve stems.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Put the shiny set on one side and the dull set on the other. Can't see both sides at once!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You got what you paid for. These were not advertised as Ford parts. They used the part number for reference. As far as the finish, it wouldn’t bother me. But it’s not my car.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
next time do your shopping at tpms.com

OP
OP

dengstrom5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I was more worried about them working than the slight surface finish difference -- was just pointing that out to show there was a difference between the sensors other than country of origin.

I think I'll give them a try and hopefully they sync up!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I was more worried about them working than the slight surface finish difference -- was just pointing that out to show there was a difference between the sensors other than country of origin.

I think I'll give them a try and hopefully they sync up!
You bought them from a legitimate company. If there are issues they will take care of you.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
@deng
Hi all,

Need some advice on TPMS sensors I just received from Tire Rack.

On their website, they were advertised as being a genuine Ford TPMS sensor (P/N F2GZ-1A189-A). I just received them today, and there are no markings on any of the sensors to confirm that they are the right part (i.e. the Ford P/N or a Schrader P/N that cross-references). In addition, two say "MADE IN UK" and two say "MADE IN MEXICO". From my understanding, all the genuine Ford sensors are made in USA. There's also a difference in the surface finish of the valve stems.

TireRackWebsite.PNG

PXL_20210127_234215510.jpg

TPMS_issue.PNG

Looking for some advice on what to do... Should I return these sensors and just order from the dealer? Or will these be okay?

I know the euro spec cars take a different sensor, so two sensors being made in the UK with different markings is concerning... Don't want to install these and then have to take them out because they wouldnt work.

Appreciate any help! Thank you.
@dengstrom5 have you installed these and are they still working fine ? I just got a wheel set off Fb marketplace and the guy said those sensors are from Tirerack. I'm wondering if I should get new ones or trust the ones that are already on there
Sponsored