Tire Pressure Sensor Fault?

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
Alrighty guys, this is my first post to M6G, really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. As i was driving home today, i got the message "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault," although there is no flat what so ever, any ideas? :shrug:
Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I had the same thing happen. When the warning came up I checked the gauges in the center of the dash and could see that there was no reading from one of the tires so it was easy to tell which sensor wasn't working. I took it to the dealership and they replaced it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
I had the same thing happen. When the warning came up I checked the gauges in the center of the dash and could see that there was no reading from one of the tires so it was easy to tell which sensor wasn't working. I took it to the dealership and they replaced it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Craziest thing happened, let her sit for an hour or so and then drove for a while, within 5 minutes the psi reading was back, and the error message was gone! Crazy... Thanks though lol :headbonk:

Call-Me-D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
Craziest thing happened, let her sit for an hour or so and then drove for a while, within 5 minutes the psi reading was back, and the error message was gone! Crazy... Thanks though lol :headbonk:
I just had this happen. Fault came up and after another 10 minutes of driving it went off. Weird.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
For those that had this message...what devices did you have plugged into the vehicle and/or in use at the time of the fault?

99% of TPMS faults are caused by RF interference from cheap cell chargers, power points, inverters, etc.

Sponsored

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
wow,
I have the same problem now
I just installed new take off on the front and drove it for about 5 miles and nothing changed.
What should I do?
Help please!

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
wow,
I have the same problem now
I just installed new take off on the front and drove it for about 5 miles and nothing changed.
What should I do?
Help please!
What do you mean you "installed new take off on the front"?

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the OEM front wheels and tires with new "take off" rear wheels and tires from a new car.

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the local Ford dealer is very busy and I have to wait hours before they even talk to me

Sponsored

racerttx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Base
the local Ford dealer is very busy and I have to wait hours before they even talk to me
I hope you are exaggerating. The TPMS retraining process takes just a couple minutes and can be done on the spot when you drive in. It is also possible that you don't have any TPMS sensors on the fronts but to discover this you need to have the retraining service done.

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You can pick up the tool yourself for about $30. I bought one for my 2012 and just used it on the new TPMS for my 2015.

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
I bought wheels from a guy on here to use as winter wheels and after a couple of trips to work my car picked them up on its own. Just swapped back to my stock 20's for summer and it did the same thing and is now reading fine. Give it a couple of trips and see if your car picks the new ones up. Was it a whole set or just one wheel?

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
You can pick up the tool yourself for about $30. I bought one for my 2012 and just used it on the new TPMS for my 2015.
The tool isn't necessary.
Sponsored