Tire Alternatives

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd
New to the forum, loving it so far. Upgrading my wheels on my 2020 GT to Velgen VMB7's. Looking at 275-35-20's for the front and 305-35-20's for the rear. Spoke with a rep from Velgen and they said it fits fine, no rubbing even with the Roush Single Adjustable Coil-Overs I plan on getting to squat it a little. They do tons of mustangs all the time so no problem there.

Thinking of going with Pilot Sport 4s tires. So my questions are...

What people have with that width and size?
What people recommend for an alternative to the PIlot Sports?
Do I go with a more aggressive drag radial?

The Pilot Sports are some of the best in the business and do great in wet conditions (I'm in Connecticut so it will be rainy often, but this is a summer/fall car, I have a winter vehicle)

Thank you everyone for all your help, this community kicks ass.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Continental Extremecontact sports are great also for cheaper. Those are what I have currently. Not as good as the Pilot Sports (close though) but a better value in my opinion.

i have 275's all around on 20's

OP
OP
SazMayo

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd
Continental Extremecontact sports are great also for cheaper. Those are what I have currently. Not as good as the Pilot Sports (close though) but a better value in my opinion.

i have 275's all around on 20's
I'm actually looking at Firehawk Indy 500's. I wonder how many drivers on here have used them.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually looking at Firehawk Indy 500's. I wonder how many drivers on here have used them.
For a street car, the Indy 500's are fine. Not the best braking grip though compared to PS4S

OP
OP
SazMayo

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd
For a street car, the Indy 500's are fine. Not the best braking grip though compared to PS4S
I want PS4S but I can't find them anywhere that will ship before July haha. Don't plan on tracking this car just normal city driving, some street racing etc, nothing crazy. Think its a good alternative? Or should I wait for the ps4s or maybe go ps2s or even just pro sport regulars?

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
First, I would reconsider the -35- and go with -30- due to the look of a larger sidewall if going with 20s. You will lose a bit of comfort with a lower profile tire, though.
Punch in your numbers on this site to see what I'm talking about: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Second, Conti ExtremeContact Sports have a very good rating:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP
https://continentaltire.com/tires/extremecontact-sport

I just had these tires installed and the speed shop where I'm having work done gave a really positive comment on them.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want PS4S but I can't find them anywhere that will ship before July haha. Don't plan on tracking this car just normal city driving, some street racing etc, nothing crazy. Think its a good alternative? Or should I wait for the ps4s or maybe go ps2s or even just pro sport regulars?
Honestly, I think Michelins are all over priced. Yokohama V601 or Bridgestone S007A are decent street tires for a lot less money.

Street racing...:facepalm: come on man, Mustangs already have a bad rep

OP
OP
SazMayo

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd
Honestly, I think Michelins are all over priced. Yokohama V601 or Bridgestone S007A are decent street tires for a lot less money.

Street racing...:facepalm: come on man, Mustangs already have a bad rep
maybe im here to prove them wrong lol. no its just a city car man. when i say street racing i mean some stop light digs with friends, highway pulls, back road driving etc.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
maybe im here to prove them wrong lol. no its just a city car man. when i say street racing i mean some stop light digs with friends, highway pulls, back road driving etc.
I getcha

If you can, you should try track driving. I did one event and was instantly hooked. Now I compete in local time attack

OP
OP
SazMayo

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd
I getcha

If you can, you should try track driving. I did one event and was instantly hooked. Now I compete in local time attack
Maybe I will, theres a few good tracks in my area (New York, Connecticut) I may give it a shot one day. It's certainly interests me.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Sounds like all three are good options for you.

thebearded5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
New to the forum, loving it so far. Upgrading my wheels on my 2020 GT to Velgen VMB7's. Looking at 275-35-20's for the front and 305-35-20's for the rear. Spoke with a rep from Velgen and they said it fits fine, no rubbing even with the Roush Single Adjustable Coil-Overs I plan on getting to squat it a little. They do tons of mustangs all the time so no problem there.

Thinking of going with Pilot Sport 4s tires. So my questions are...

What people have with that width and size?
What people recommend for an alternative to the PIlot Sports?
Do I go with a more aggressive drag radial?

The Pilot Sports are some of the best in the business and do great in wet conditions (I'm in Connecticut so it will be rainy often, but this is a summer/fall car, I have a winter vehicle)

Thank you everyone for all your help, this community kicks ass.
I’m on the same boat man lol was in between 19’s and 20’s but think I’m going to go with the VMB7 package from LMR. Comes with Mickey Thompson Sport comp. already on wheels ready to go!