Sponsored

Tire Advice

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
So the winter tires will hopefully be coming off by the end of the month, if this awful winter ever ends!! I need to get some new tires. I am thinking even though I have winters, to get all seasons. I live in New England and those shoulder months can be all over the map weather wise. Talking Oct, Nov, April. Can be too warm for winters and to told for summers.

Any suggestions? Considering PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS. I had them on my fusion for a little while and liked them. Also maybe Continental DSW. Looking for a quiet tire that will hold well and has good rain traction as well. Long commute each day and lots of hilly winding roads. Thanks.
Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
It is a tough decision when you live in an area like that.. I dont live quite as far North as you but still the Northeast. Best option really is run Performance summer tires in the summer and straight winter tires in the winter and then rotate them according to you present local weather conditions.. Especially if you drive you Mustang in snow.. All seasons are crap. And all seasons dont really perform that well in the summer either. There more of a gimmick tire really when it comes down to it. If i were you id start to run summer tires from around the last week of APRIL/MAY till about SEPT/OCT then switch to straight winter tires From OCT through APRIL.. Winter tires will still run fine in cool intermediate weather with no snow.. Its when it really heats up in the summer you cant run them because of there soft compound and theyll melt and pop.. For me im running summers because im only driving it after the winters over.. and i drive my beater car in the winter with snow tires..

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah this is my daily driver. When I first got the car in November it had summers on it and they were terrible. The car would jump around when ever i tried to get the car moving from a stop. They had no grip. I am a little gun shy. We can be 60-70 in April or 30-40 and it can change daily. Same with Sept-Nov. Are there any summer tires that do ok in those in between months? Also trying to keep it under or around $300 per tire. Thanks.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
So the winter tires will hopefully be coming off by the end of the month, if this awful winter ever ends!! I need to get some new tires. I am thinking even though I have winters, to get all seasons. I live in New England and those shoulder months can be all over the map weather wise. Talking Oct, Nov, April. Can be too warm for winters and to told for summers.

Any suggestions? Considering PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS. I had them on my fusion for a little while and liked them. Also maybe Continental DSW. Looking for a quiet tire that will hold well and has good rain traction as well. Long commute each day and lots of hilly winding roads. Thanks.
I ended up going with the Pirelli PZero Nero All Seasons from AmericanMuscle.
As much as I prefer summer tires, I decided to go performance all season for the same reason. It always happens when I change my tires in the spring or delaying it as long as possible in the fall, some freak weather happens.

Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Yeah this is my daily driver. When I first got the car in November it had summers on it and they were terrible. The car would jump around when ever i tried to get the car moving from a stop. They had no grip. I am a little gun shy. We can be 60-70 in April or 30-40 and it can change daily. Same with Sept-Nov. Are there any summer tires that do ok in those in between months? Also trying to keep it under or around $300 per tire. Thanks.
Like i said those cooler Off months were you live thats when you start running the Snow tires.. Just cant run Snow tires in 80/90 degree and up weather! Even tho i actually have with no issue..Lol So it sounds like from Sept to April run Snow tires then May to begining of Sept run Summer! Adjust accordingly depending on the year and weather patterns over the years..

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will give that some thought, though still leaning towards all seasons.

Are the Michelin Pilot Super Sport really that good of a tire? They are pricey, but all I read is great reviews on them.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I will give that some thought, though still leaning towards all seasons.

Are the Michelin Pilot Super Sport really that good of a tire? They are pricey, but all I read is great reviews on them.
The Michelin PSS ks an amazing tire, but yes their pricey but worth it IMO if your ok with spending that much.
Sponsored