tips to find a gt 500?

OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
Well I already told the dealer I would take that one and I like the heritage package, so Ill stick with it.

seems to me used clean cars are still above 2022 msrp, at least the asking prices. Now it may be worth it depending on what has been done to the car, I see ceramic and ppf adding value, performance mods are probably a detractor. So may as well shop around for a 22. And a HE being my first color pick made the decision pretty easy.

I did not ask for pricing on any painted stripe CFTP cars, but I found many cars in the 10k adm range in the colors I wanted. But in searching fords website I did not see any shortage of cftp cars. and lots of HEs were coming down the pipes. Shipping is painfully slow and I think some are getting held up. for instance one HE base car was built in june and still has not shipped. I think we are seeing people fear of scarcity because of the slow shipping. Right now there are just not many cars on the ground. I don't think its like the golden ticket drama from 2020. If you want one don't sleep at the wheel, but I don't think 30k adm is reasonable either.

collector cars are already softening, as they should imo. the economy is tanking, interest rates are high, wages are flat and inflation is through the roof. Peoples stock portfolios are slashed 25% and its still crashing. And the fed is still planning on raising rates. Its getting pretty bad out there for the shrinking middle class.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If you truly believe all that then there was zero reason to pay an adm to get a car. The market for these cars is still very strong. Base cars don’t command as strong of an adm, but its still there. Cftp’s the adm’s are much higher. The bast majority of cars showing up on dealers sites are presolds. It is what it is. The auction price’s on BAT don’t support the notion the market is softening. Mortgage rates are high because the Fed has its head square up… Auto loans are still in the 2-3.5 range at credit unions. Unemployment is still extremely low. Construction around here is out 6 months to a year for scheduling. The last part, I agree, the middle class is getting hammered. Who people vote for matters. The bonus is you’ve got a really cool car. Enjoy It.

Well I already told the dealer I would take that one and I like the heritage package, so Ill stick with it.

seems to me used clean cars are still above 2022 msrp, at least the asking prices. Now it may be worth it depending on what has been done to the car, I see ceramic and ppf adding value, performance mods are probably a detractor. So may as well shop around for a 22. And a HE being my first color pick made the decision pretty easy.

I did not ask for pricing on any painted stripe CFTP cars, but I found many cars in the 10k adm range in the colors I wanted. But in searching fords website I did not see any shortage of cftp cars. and lots of HEs were coming down the pipes. Shipping is painfully slow and I think some are getting held up. for instance one HE base car was built in june and still has not shipped. I think we are seeing people fear of scarcity because of the slow shipping. Right now there are just not many cars on the ground. I don't think its like the golden ticket drama from 2020. If you want one don't sleep at the wheel, but I don't think 30k adm is reasonable either.

collector cars are already softening, as they should imo. the economy is tanking, interest rates are high, wages are flat and inflation is through the roof. Peoples stock portfolios are slashed 25% and its still crashing. And the fed is still planning on raising rates. Its getting pretty bad out there for the shrinking middle class.

OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
sorry I didn't mean to make this another adm thread I just wanted to throw out my impressions/things I learned from contacting 20+ dealers. Yes I paid 5 over to get a car optioned like I wanted in the near future. So that was my ultimate bet lol.

Most the cars I called on were available, I think Fords search inventory listing may not list the cars that already have a name associated with them.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
We’re not in dumpster fire territory yet. Lol.

sorry I didn't mean to make this another adm thread I just wanted to throw out my impressions/things I learned from contacting 20+ dealers. Yes I paid 5 over to get a car optioned like I wanted in the near future. So that was my ultimate bet lol.

Most the cars I called on were available, I think Fords search inventory listing may not list the cars that already have a name associated with them.
:rain:

Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Any tips on how to find a gt 500, anything besides cars.com or autotrader? went through 2 dealers that said they could get me one ordered neither came through. At this point I am only willing to go 5k over. I want a base model. ok with a few different colors.
Their is a realy nice one white with blue stripes at Novato Ford Ca.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Any tips on how to find a gt 500, anything besides cars.com or autotrader? went through 2 dealers that said they could get me one ordered neither came through. At this point I am only willing to go 5k over. I want a base model. ok with a few different colors.
Probably can get a hell of a deal on a GT500 on the West Coast of Florida . I'm sure there are plenty of Shit Bird Used car dealers buying up every Flooded GT 500 they can get their greedy hands on . Take the salvage title out of state and Re-title it so buyer doesn't suspect any crooked crap . They have recently passed new laws to address this type of scam . But let me tell you "USED CAR" dealers wake up in the morning thinking how to SCREW YOU !! Be very very careful , they are Pros at hiding Flood evidence . But I'm sure most folks on here are smart enough to really check the car out in every way possible . Just wanted to mention THE SUBJECT " .
Really feel sorry for those poor folks in Florida that lost everything they had . I can only wish them the BEST in rebuilding their lives . My son left today {He's an Insurance adjuster" } STORM TROOPERS , is what the Ins. Co's call them . They are Independent Adjusters the INS Co calls in when they have a massive claim event ... He tries to help the honest folks with everything he can give 'em . But theres always those that think they can "SCREW" the INS. Co's and make BANK by deceiving the Adjusters . They don't get away with it on HIM ! His boss had 18,000 claims first day , 22,000 second day . That's just ONE INS. CO !!! Gonna be a long drawn out job to get those folks their lives back . But it will never be like it was, no matter how hard you try . GOD BLESS 'Em ..Junqdawg

Deleted member 56911

I bought mine before the chip shortage. It took me 6 months to find the one I eventually purchased. Had one ordered but the deal fell through. Avoiding a markup was one of my biggest goals. That’s why it took so long. I used the ford.com website. Plugged in different zip codes around the country. The state of Iowa had the best prices. Avoid California, Florida and New York.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
I bought mine before the chip shortage. It took me 6 months to find the one I eventually purchased. Had one ordered but the deal fell through. Avoiding a markup was one of my biggest goals. That’s why it took so long. I used the ford.com website. Plugged in different zip codes around the country. The state of Iowa had the best prices. AVOID CALIFORNIA , Florida and NEW YORK.
I really agree with most of your last sentence :)

Sponsored

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Flying out Thursday. I had them install the oil separator and I’ll do the wicker and splitter. Any other stuff I should have them do?
7679F5F2-235D-45D1-A340-107839804264.jpeg
Congrats! What state did you end up buying? I sold my 2020 couple months ago and now picking up 2022 this weekend. I was so looking for the Heritage, but ADMs at 10 to 20K. I know Jerry's in VA had one. I am headed to NJ this weekend. Got my second fav. color.

I think interest rates are cooling the ADM market. I hope to refinance next year. Rates are brutal.

OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
Kansas. Burlington tiny dealership. Super nice people. I think it was the only one they got.
Sponsored