Sponsored

Time to upgrade to a Fuel system, here is what I’m considering.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
My Procharged D1x needs more fuel. When i got it installed there was no money in my budget to get a fuel system. So I went with a bap. I have the money now and considering a few kits. I will not be using e-85 because there’s no stations in my area. So 93 pump and race gas for track events. My budget for this kit is $1500. Im looking at the Sai li kit , the lethal level 1 kit, i also looked at vmp’s budget kit but its $1600. Ive been hearing that the walbro 465 pumps that come with 2 of those kits, burn up over time, is this true? The Sai li kit uses twin gt-500 pumps but also uses your own fuel lines. I know that kit is limited to 900 wheel on pump and thats fine.
links:

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...tang-gt-level-1-return-style-fuel-system.html

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Plug-and-Play-Return-Style-Fuel-System

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...n-style-fuel-system-2011-2019-mustang-gt.html
Do it once and do it right. Save for the fore system.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most people will tell you to save more money and get a Fore kit and I would agree with them if E85 is in your future. For pump/race gas the sai li kit will cover it.

Deatchwerks was running a sale on their kit that was an improvement over the sai li kit in the same type configuration and was in your price range. Might want to look into that.
I’d take the DW kit over literally any of the kits that don’t have a bucket. A daily driven car needing a half full tank all the time has zero appeal. Especially at e85 consumption rate.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The Dw kit is a good kit for the money for sure, but I made up my mind to get the lethal level 1 Kit. I’m gonna call my tuner & talk to him about it Monday.. then if he’s on board with my choice, i will place the order.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
The Dw kit is a good kit for the money for sure, but I made up my mind to get the lethal level 1 Kit. I’m gonna call my tuner & talk to him about it Monday.. then if he’s on board with my choice, i will place the order.
Why not give Shaun a call at AED for more advise before you make a final decision on a fuel system?
He is a very interesting guy when it comes to tuning these mustangs.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why not give Shaun a call at AED for more advise before you make a final decision on a fuel system?
He is a very interesting guy when it comes to tuning these mustangs.

Because Shawn and Adam Brown -( my tuner) are good friends and they work with each other on a regular basis. Adam is on the east coast where I am, & Shawn is on the west coast.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Because Shawn and Adam Brown -( my tuner) are good friends and they work with each other on a regular basis. Adam is on the east coast where I am, & Shawn is on the west coast.
Sounds great, buy want your tuner recommends!

Djervin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just finished up my Lethal Stage 1 kit install last night. I have some cleaning up to do with the wiring and have to permanently mount the fuel lines, but overall am pretty impressed with their kit, especially for the money. I ended up with two pretty minor fuel leaks that I have to address, but with an entire new system, I'm not that surprised.

Couple things to note:

-If I did it again, I would go with the triple pump vs. the dual pump. That will come with the harness so it plugs in. I had to hard-wire the two pumps that I have, looking back, I would prefer to have just gotten three pumps to take advantage of using the harness.
-The kit didn't come with hardware to mount the fuel pressure regulator/ gauge. No big deal. I went to the hardware store to get what I needed. One thing I REALLY liked was the fact I could use an existing hole in the strut tower to mount the fuel pressure regulator/ gauge. I'm Prochaged as well, not sure if this mounting point would be applicable for other applications.
-If you're following the Lethal instructions, make sure you use the correct Yellow with Gray Tracer Wire. I initially used the the wire that comes off the FPDM, that's incorrect. You'll want the Yellow with Gray Tracer Wire that comes off the 4 wire harness that was connected to the factory fuel pump.

Overall I'm very happy with the kit. I really like the fuel lines. Looking forward to cleaning everything up and tuning the car on e85!!

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
buy it once and feel the pain once.......get the biggest pump you can

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished up my Lethal Stage 1 kit install last night. I have some cleaning up to do with the wiring and have to permanently mount the fuel lines, but overall am pretty impressed with their kit, especially for the money. I ended up with two pretty minor fuel leaks that I have to address, but with an entire new system, I'm not that surprised.

Couple things to note:

-If I did it again, I would go with the triple pump vs. the dual pump. That will come with the harness so it plugs in. I had to hard-wire the two pumps that I have, looking back, I would prefer to have just gotten three pumps to take advantage of using the harness.
-The kit didn't come with hardware to mount the fuel pressure regulator/ gauge. No big deal. I went to the hardware store to get what I needed. One thing I REALLY liked was the fact I could use an existing hole in the strut tower to mount the fuel pressure regulator/ gauge. I'm Prochaged as well, not sure if this mounting point would be applicable for other applications.
-If you're following the Lethal instructions, make sure you use the correct Yellow with Gray Tracer Wire. I initially used the the wire that comes off the FPDM, that's incorrect. You'll want the Yellow with Gray Tracer Wire that comes off the 4 wire harness that was connected to the factory fuel pump.

Overall I'm very happy with the kit. I really like the fuel lines. Looking forward to cleaning everything up and tuning the car on e85!!
Thanks for your input on the Lethal kit “ I was Interested in it but I’m gonna go with what My tuner recommended, the Vmp fuel system i linked earlier in the thread. I watched their install video for 15-17 cars & i was impressed with the ease of The installation especially the wiring. I like the fact the it uses the oem feed line as your return feed so only one line Has to be run.. I like the fact all the supporting Connections come Pre assembled. And it supports 1100 hp..

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I also recently installed the Lethal triple pump kit for E85 on my blower setup. Great kit, I prefer their wire harness over Fore's controllers, but that's me. I also prefer Lethal (Fragola) PTFE lines vs Fore stainless lines.

Having the fuel lines pre-assembled to length is also a nice bonus.

I do agree that I prefer the bucket style fuel hat DW offers, but I don't believe they offer a triple pump setup for that yet. I will probably upgrade to that if they ever do.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Thanks for your input on the Lethal kit “ I was Interested in it but I’m gonna go with what My tuner recommended, the Vmp fuel system i linked earlier in the thread. I watched their install video for 15-17 cars & i was impressed with the ease of The installation especially the wiring. I like the fact the it uses the oem feed line as your return feed so only one line Has to be run.. I like the fact all the supporting Connections come Pre assembled. And it supports 1100 hp..
Yeah just go with what Adam recommends. They've seen pretty much every fuel system out there. I just had them install a fore triple setup for me with a hobbs switch.

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
My fore level 4 fuel system has fueled my build from 700whp on up to 1300whp. As what has been stated...buy once cry once

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My tuner Shaun at AED told me today to wait and get the Rodeheaver's Fuel Kit.
So your gonna wait? Its gonna be a while ya know.. When i spoke to roadheavers the guy told me he has 6 kits ordered waiting on parts, he said it could be months before they’re filled. Your looking at fall time before You see something. I’m ordering my Vmp fuel system at the end of this week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My fore level 4 fuel system has fueled my build from 700whp on up to 1300whp. As what has been stated...buy once cry once
That’s cool for you and your budget, but with all due respect, one man can’t tell another man to buy something that cost more then what he wants to spend..
Sponsored