Sponsored

Time to move on

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
No more Ruby Red ecoboost. We had a good time until the lease ran out. Strange seeing an empty garage bay now.
After 3 Mustangs and a whole bunch of fords it's time to move on. Enjoy your rides :)
Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
No more Ruby Red ecoboost. We had a good time until the lease ran out. Strange seeing an empty garage bay now.
After 3 Mustangs and a whole bunch of fords it's time to move on. Enjoy your rides :)
Good luck finding something more beautiful than a Ruby Red S550.

OP
OP
rubyinla

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Yeah...

I don't know. It's gotta be something not as loud.
On the long list: Colorado diesel, Ram 1500, used Mini of some type (?), 2002 or so Tbird, 1990 Mustang Fox body (stock), 2007 or so Jag S type, or a Challenger.
Depends on whether we move to where it snows or not too.

So, with the loud / hearing; after 50 years around loud cars, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, airplanes and jets my hearing is screwed. Tire road noise is a killer. It can drown out the radio for me. Protect your hearing guys. Once you mess it up with loud mufflers, work noise, loud music, hair dryers (? haha) and such it's not fixable. And tinnitus sux.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yeah...

On the long list: Colorado diesel, Ram 1500, used Mini of some type (?), 2002 or so Tbird, 1990 Mustang Fox body (stock), 2007 or so Jag S type, or a Challenger.

So, with the loud / hearing; after 50 years around loud cars, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, airplanes and jets my hearing is screwed. Tire road noise is a killer. It can drown out the radio for me. Protect your hearing guys. Once you mess it up with loud mufflers, work noise, loud music, hair dryers (? haha) and such it's not fixable. And tinnitus sux.

Having owned and driven a 1989 5.0 for 18 years and 375,000km it’s a great car but now? Same for the Jag as in too expensive to maintain. Sooner or later you will get in an accident in the mini - and I don’t want to be there when it happens. Do the truck which is fine or the Challenger. Be warned, with Challengers like the V6, the 5.7 is really looked down upon, but the 392 (6.4) is back to loud again. You will always be asked why you did not get the 392. But if you can handle the one-up-manship, a 5.7 Challenger is a good DD alternative.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah...

Sounds like a Lexus is next for you! Quietest car I ever drove was one of the LS models.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Quiet mode in a Mustang is quiet. I added sound deadener to my GT350 as well. Made a big difference.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My 18 GT is so throaty- I LOVE the sound- at start up and when I am accelerating- or decelerating you hear a slight burble and low pop. But when cruising you barely hear it- it's like you don't hear anything at all. To me Ford did a great job on the 18 GT's exhaust. I usually want to buy after market to hear more sound but not with this GT- it's perfect as it is.

I have owned a LOT of cars over the years and did not expect to ever own a Mustang. I love my 18 GT- it's one of my favorite cars. And my GF is a devoted Chevy fan- and even she likes the car!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Quiet mode in a Mustang is quiet. I added sound deadener to my GT350 as well. Made a big difference.
This ^. If you take it easy in quiet mode on the active exhaust it's no louder than any other commuter car from inside. If you really want silence, go for a big luxury car or better yet, an electric car.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Yeah...

I've worn hearing aids for the last 31 years (I'm 34) and about 3 years ago, I got a cochlear implant and it's a game changer! Never realized how much sound I was missing until I got that (I have a 95% hearing loss).

My 2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost is a smooth/quiet ride and with the LMS tune, she scoots out pretty darn good! They are fairly cheap these days and with AWD, you'll get around just fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rubyinla

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
This ^. If you take it easy in quiet mode on the active exhaust it's no louder than any other commuter car from inside. If you really want silence, go for a big luxury car or better yet, an electric car.
Thanks for the input guys. I can't complain or find fault with the stock mufflers. For me it's the road noise from the tires over all but the smoothest of freeways and streets. It can be overpowering. I was on a back road going to Prescott last year. The highway was smooth but was paved with gravel that was widely spaced. The noise was downright painful. The thing about noise is that you not only perceive it through your ears but also the vibrations through your skull.

OP
OP
rubyinla

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Having owned and driven a 1989 5.0 for 18 years and 375,000km it’s a great car but now? Same for the Jag as in too expensive to maintain. Sooner or later you will get in an accident in the mini - and I don’t want to be there when it happens. Do the truck which is fine or the Challenger. Be warned, with Challengers like the V6, the 5.7 is really looked down upon, but the 392 (6.4) is back to loud again. You will always be asked why you did not get the 392. But if you can handle the one-up-manship, a 5.7 Challenger is a good DD alternative.
Thanks for the input.
Yeah, from what I've read you need to stay away from the 2002 and before type S's. There was a 1990 Mustang 5.0 with 60k miles and original owner for $7k in Craigslist the other day. The Mini... the accident part doesn't worry me as I've had 2 Miata's, 2 MG's, 300 ZX, Morris Minor and some other small cars. Thanks for the tip on the Challenger.

OP
OP
rubyinla

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I've worn hearing aids for the last 31 years (I'm 34) and about 3 years ago, I got a cochlear implant and it's a game changer! Never realized how much sound I was missing until I got that (I have a 95% hearing loss).

My 2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost is a smooth/quiet ride and with the LMS tune, she scoots out pretty darn good! They are fairly cheap these days and with AWD, you'll get around just fine.
hmmmmm...

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
hmmmmm...
I did install new wheels last week and next will be to lower it a little. This is a 2012 that has the EcoBoost Appearance Package ('10-12 only) which means all body color moldings and no wood interior pieces.
MKS2.jpg

MKS1.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...

Have tinnitus myself and I know it ain't no fun.
Sponsored