Time to say goodbye to the mustang!

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I like it but if I get a Mopar, it's gonna be Plum Crazy Purple. Maybe trade it in for a 4 door Mustang in 2022! :like:
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Nice ride. And they do sound really good stock.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've said this before but bears to mention again, it's an amazing time to be a car person.

So, in short, I believe being able to walk into a car dealer and buy these Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros with all this horsepower is amazing to me.
Just quoting [slightly abbreviated] this because it's such a terrific post, and I totally agree!

FWIW, my wife's current ride is a '18 Durango RT AWD, it's fantastic, based on my experience with it, I'd definitely consider a Charger/Challenger.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
burnnotice39.jpg

Since the first car I owned was one this vintage, this will always be a Charger to me. I like the current 4 door Chargers but the name has never seemed right.
I agree, but aside from the two extra doors I think they did a great job heritage wise. A difficult feat to accomplish while adding two doors. Unlike the 4 door Porsche which will always look weird to me no matter how well it performs.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, but aside from the two extra doors I think they did a great job heritage wise. A difficult feat to accomplish while adding two doors. Unlike the 4 door Porsche which will always look weird to me no matter how well it performs.
Interesting. I see very little resemblance between the current Charger and those of yesteryear. (The Challenger is a different story.) As for Porsche, they gave the 4-door a different name. Calling it the 944 or 928 sedan would be more like what Dodge did with the Charger.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Well sir, that sure is brighter. I like it. Enjoy.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I like it but if I get a Mopar, it's gonna be Plum Crazy Purple. Maybe trade it in for a 4 door Mustang in 2022! :like:
I saw the plum crazy 1320 Challenger at barrett Jackson. Gorgeously ostentatious but I loved it. Agreed!

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Interesting. I see very little resemblance between the current Charger and those of yesteryear. (The Challenger is a different story.) As for Porsche, they gave the 4-door a different name. Calling it the 944 or 928 sedan would be more like what Dodge did with the Charger.
When they introduced the LX platform Charger for 2005, I’ve always thought that Dodge should have gone with something more on-point for that sedan like Polara, Monaco, maybe even Coronet...

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
When they introduced the LX platform Charger for 2005, I’ve always thought that Dodge should have gone with something more on-point for that sedan like Polara, Monaco, maybe even Coronet...
I suppose they wanted a name associated with performance, given it has most of the same engine options, etc. as the Challenger. That makes sense. It's pretty cool the OP has a 4-door scatpack.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I guess most of you have probably seen there's going to be a widebody Charger, looks pretty fantastic. Definitely an option on the Hellcat "regular", people are saying they might start offering the Redeye, obviously then with the widebody option - figure it would also be an option for the 392 optionable cars, RT/scatpack.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Enjoy your new FCA ride. It could make a great Taxi cab. I will stick with Stang. Cars like Charger are why I give thanks everyday for the Ford Mustang.

Last edited:

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Always like the chargers and would get one if they ever offered them in a MT. Can’t stand auto cars. But feel you for the lack of practicality with a mustang. They are worthless for anything more than two people and picking up some groceries. Picked up a crew cab Ram Sport to do my day to day.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
If you need a family sedan with a useable back seat, the Charger is a great way to go. Good choice.