Time for new tires on a 21 PP

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
My car has just over 8k miles and the rear tires are about done. First question, it seems that 8k is pretty crappy for these tires, is this the norm? I haven't done a burnout, but I do drive "spirited" from time to time (it is a Mustang). I've ran Conti DWS in the past...what are you guys running? I'm in the ATL area, snow maybe a few times a year...so a 3 season tire would be fine. Also, should I keep the OEM sizes? I know the PP rims are different widths, so I'm hesitant to run the same size on all 4.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just run 255/40 (265/40, 275/35) on all 4 corners if it strikes your fancy. You have the Trash-irelli, right? Consider yourself 8000 miles late in replacing that garbage for real tires.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Wow, really?! I was hoping to get at least 10-15k.

It probably comes up a lot, but what would is the widest that will safely fit on the OEM PP wheels?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
but what would is the widest that will safely fit on the OEM PP wheels?
One size up from stock, 265 and 285 would be fine with maybe a slight bulge depending on the manufacturer of the tire. But you're not really going to get that much more "performance" out of 10mm wider tires...especially if they cost alot more than the OEM sizes.

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
I got 12k out of my tires, Michelin Sports 4S Fronts actually went bad before the rears all I really do is spirited driving as well no burnouts.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I love my Continental ECS Sport's, they are smooth, quiet, and are a 300 TW which wear nicely. I would run these all year in ATL unless it was a DD. Running them at 30-35* requires care and watching the tire pressures, until they rise I wouldn't give the throttle much input.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I upgraded to the Michelin Pilot All season 4 and I love them. They aren't cheap but work great. Ditched the Summer Pirelli at 4k miles. They still had tread but I wanted all seasons so I could run safely in the winter. I drove on Christmas Eve in single digit weather and they gripped really well, I am impressed. I went with the stock size (255 40 and 275 40).

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I just bought the Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 from SimpleTire. They currently have a up to 15% off sale. With the military discount, I saved over $400 (Discount Tire), on a pair in 285/35r20 and 305/35r20.

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
My car has just over 8k miles and the rear tires are about done. First question, it seems that 8k is pretty crappy for these tires, is this the norm? I haven't done a burnout, but I do drive "spirited" from time to time
I'm in the same position too!
I have actually done quite a few burnouts and was thinking that I just accelerated the wear since I also do a lot of spirited driving as well but I have heard a lot of people talk down on these Pirellis that come from the factory, so seeing a p;ost like this makes me feel a little bit better about the wear on my tires.
One question I would like to ask you is if the wear seems even, I've noticed that my tires didn't really wear on the inside edge as much as the middle/outside edge did. (I would like to think that this points to an alignment issue from the factory, but I wouldlike to think that i shouldnt need to get the alignment checked at 9K miles....)
Either way I've heard a lot of good reports about continentals so I might start considering those for replacements

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
The only other thing I have to add is that the front is no where near what the rears are which is another reason I chalked up the wear being because of burnouts

Tony’s15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My car has just over 8k miles and the rear tires are about done. First question, it seems that 8k is pretty crappy for these tires, is this the norm? I haven't done a burnout, but I do drive "spirited" from time to time (it is a Mustang). I've ran Conti DWS in the past...what are you guys running? I'm in the ATL area, snow maybe a few times a year...so a 3 season tire would be fine. Also, should I keep the OEM sizes? I know the PP rims are different widths, so I'm hesitant to run the same size on all 4.
I’m running a ‘15 GT with those pirellis PP tires. I’m looking to replace mine as well. I’m looking at the Cont DWS and Michelin Pilot Sports. I’m in NY, but only drive her 6 months out of the year.
Sponsored