Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I would but I factory ordered the car . Too bad I can’t hire you to be with me at the dealership lol

Oh so the deal question is after the horse got out of the barn ?
Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
IMO that's a bit high. I have the exact same options but on a 2020 and my payments are right above 500 with only 6k down and higher APR. Apparently I worked it out to where I got it under invoice because the dealer needed 1 more sale for their end of month bonus.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Dealers across the country are adding their own variable ADM.... on ANY vehicle, it isn't just Mustangs or Ford. They are using the COVID and "chip shortage" as the excuse that they CAN do whatever they want with the price above MSRP.

I would definitely question line #5 as well and compare it to the actual window sticker bottom line.

Do you also have any trade in to help with the cost, or are you only plunking down the $10k? If you have a trade in, don't ever show all your cards before the deal is written. You can throw the trade in AFTER you and the dealership come to an agreement ONLY when you think you have the lowest price possible and YOU are happy. Toss in the trade afterwards, then watch them really squirm... it works.

Go on cargurus.com, do a nationwide search for the car you're are looking for; you're bound to find it anywhere else probably cheaper off the bat - and in some cases even including getting it transported to your location.

Do more shopping before getting taken at a local Dealer - you need to be prepared and know your price points, current market and what you are willing to accept as "acceptable" cost and payment terms when you go to ANY car dealer when buying new (or now even used).

Don't always get hooked on 0% financing either. Work the #'s and compare what you are really saving with 0%... because sometimes you can get more $ off without the 0% bait... because 0% isn't truly a "win" for the Consumer, Ford is not losing.... and nothing is for "free".

Yes Stealers are living up to their name these days,

Man, seems like a lifetime ago Ford offered 4500 rebates on the 2014, Plus another 6K dealer discounts, unfortunately My wife's 2014 GT was totaled a few weeks back and local dealers are adding at least 1500, one is adding 4500.

I just laugh and told em' I'll be back when inventory gets better and prices drop.

One guy laughed back and sed that wont happen anytime soon, I told him well I guess she'll just have to keep driving my Hellcat til it does.

I did find one dealer that has a Rapid Red 2021 401A on order I'll talk to them if they ever get it in.

I do agree on 0% financing, but right now since Ford isn't offering anything in the rebate department, 0% might make more sense.

Thankfully I bought my Hellcat last year and got 12K off it. Financed it thru Navy Federal 2.9% for 72mo. I'll pay roughly 3K in interest.

Made more sense to take the 7170 rebate and finance it rather than pass on the rebate and take the 0% for 72mo Dodge was offering.

Good luck OP.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
0% APR is always good. Just think the OEM (Ford in this case) is already losing 2-3% every year on inflation alone. If I buy a brand new car, I would NOT put anything down and finance every single $ @ 0% (if available) and put the down payment money into one of the index funds (safer comparatively). The issue with these type of 0% deals are that, the price of the car is itself high to begin with.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I would but I factory ordered the car . Too bad I can’t hire you to be with me at the dealership lol
Order makes no difference, unless you signed something saying “non refundable deposit” there should be no binding factor for you to take delivery. or them not giving a deposit back.
being at a dealer should just simply be you double checking there numbers. If there is anything your confused on then more than likely it’s because they want you to be confused so you don’t see something (like 5,000 over sticker)

Numbers don’t lie, salesman do.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I learned, even with a factory ordered car, the price should be negotiated at the time of ordering. All rebates/incentives do apply at that time, no matter how long it takes to receive your car. I went through that. Took 4 months for me to get my car, by then the rebate expired, but still honored. I can't believe there is a 5K mark up on a GT. I wanted a Mach 1, and they were being marked up 10K, which is why I ordered a GT. Do you have the original window sticker?

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I too special ordered and I took delivery back in March…Just to compare options here’s my build sheet using the X-plan…some say you can get a better deal without the X-plan and that may be true depending on your location…Me personally I don’t like the hassle negotiating. I put $2k down and financed $45k @$700month for 72months.

72E17622-2B3F-453A-BA45-0EC3637BDBD8.jpeg

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
It is not a good deal.. they are charging $5000 above sticker. Which means the very second you drive it off the lot you are losing $11-$14,000. You are putting $10,000 down and will still have negative equity once you take delivery.

There are a lot of GTs available right now without that mark up.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
What Thirsty stealership is this?so I can warn friends and family to stay thr F away from them .

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
What Thirsty stealership is this?so I can warn friends and family to stay thr F away from them .

Appears to be Future Ford of Clovis by looking at the document. A quick look at their website yields some fascinating, highly offensive pricing. In the market for a GT Premium but don't wanna wait? Well these fine folks will hook you up immediately for a mere 50 over MSRP.

https://www.futurefordclovis.com/vehicle/1FA6P8CF8M5130191/2021-Ford-Mustang-Roseville-CA/

It apparently was your understanding that you would be paying MSRP for the car, which is fine. It's certainly not a great deal, but it's fine, especially in the current automotive sales environment. At MSRP, the numbers will align themselves with the numbers you viewed on the manufacturers website throughout the selection and ordering process, and you are obviously comfortable with those figures.

At MSRP on line 5 you will also see a reduction in taxes due on line 20. No other lines that show charges should change. This will bring your payment down to what you saw on the Ford website and are comfortable with.

If Future Ford of Clovis will make these changes, then take delivery and enjoy your new car. If not, tell them to shove the car up their ass and get the hell outta there. These folks appear to be borderline criminal.