2019 Mustang GT 10R80 201A
Any thoughts on this 10R80 video?

Sponsored

Last edited:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
If you listened to dude you would be driving a 10 year old Toyota. He loves old Toyota’s and Lexus’s

OP
OP
nick20s

nick20s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangfan
Vehicle(s)
If you listened to dude you would be driving a 10 year old Toyota. He loves old Toyota’s and Lexus’s
He spoke high of 10R80 in one video. Now he seems to be trashing them.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
He’s nothing more than a YTber trying to get “likes” to pad his YT income from “click bait”....

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
That guy is highly clowned and frowned upon by anyone outside of a shadetree mechanic. Everyone that i talk too laughs at his advice and lack of professional content.

Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on this 10R80 video?

I always tell everyone. Just let the car warm a bit if you're in a cold region. And get your fluid checked for free under warranty. Just check to see if it needs the half quart that I had done. It took care of the little issues. Like not going into gear for the first few weeks.

I love the transmission. It is so fucking smooth. And there is nothing else I would purchase after owning the car for a year.

Scotty also is incredibly clickbait. He does speak from experience. But that is anecdotal. Completely relative to the cars he see's.

Again, I had the half quart of fluid added and not a problem since.

OP
OP
nick20s

nick20s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangfan
Vehicle(s)
I always tell everyone. Just let the car warm a bit if you're in a cold region. And get your fluid checked for free under warranty. Just check to see if it needs the half quart that I had done. It took care of the little issues. Like not going into gear for the first few weeks.

I love the transmission. It is so fucking smooth. And there is nothing else I would purchase after owning the car for a year.

Scotty also is incredibly clickbait. He does speak from experience. But that is anecdotal. Completely relative to the cars he see's.

Again, I had the half quart of fluid added and not a problem since.
That's awesome! Thank you for sharing this. I think consumer report's annual stats released in April is a much better source for statistical reliability ratings. You are right, Scotty is highly anecdotal and not at all statistical.

I've experienced jerks 'occasionally' from stop that the dealership was never able to replicate. My nearest dealership won't check anything until they are able to replicate an issue. How did you approach the dealership for checking the fluid levels?

Mikeyody

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I love the 10R80. I had an 07 GTI DSG back in the day and loved the trans. My first thought when I test drove my Stang was 'damn... this feels like the DSG'. Once you get use to it, and it learns your driving patterns, it's a very good transmission.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome! Thank you for sharing this. I think consumer report's annual stats released in April is a much better source for statistical reliability ratings. You are right, Scotty is highly anecdotal and not at all statistical.

I've experienced jerks 'occasionally' from stop that the dealership was never able to replicate. My nearest dealership won't check anything until they are able to replicate an issue. How did you approach the dealership for checking the fluid levels?
I had a brand new 50K$ mustang and have built my previous mustangs. I'm also an engineer and have worked in parts for years. I came prepared with exactly what I felt was happening internally. Not enough fluid to complete the friction to catch the clutch. From there I explained that at long rides to work. When going on a slight 5 degree to even 3 degree slope up or down. That the transmission would have this issue when warm. I would also have this issue on stops and gos at stop signs during the cold. Which to my foot PHD. lol. Told me that again, we were not creating enough fluid pressure to complete the necessary gear shift.

I looked the guy in the face and said. I'd like to simply see if it needs the oil checked and to reflash the ECU for the transmission. So I can re teach it from there.

He agreed with me and we went from there. It was real quick and easy. I didn't make any points to say it was happening and all these movements. I just used my knowledge of the internals of the transmission to lay out exactly what I felt was happening mechanically. And my problem was solved. half a quart short.

Good luck. Just keep shopping dealers if they are difficult.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
just another you tuber needing to up his viewership, say or intimate anything to get more , whether or not any real info with backup is offered... mostly generalizations ... sure he "knows" cars... but I think his schtick is way overboard and mostly useless.

OP
OP
nick20s

nick20s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangfan
Vehicle(s)
ced jerks 'occasionally' from stop that the dealership was never able to replicate. My nearest dealership won't check anything until they are able to rep
I had a brand new 50K$ mustang and have built my previous mustangs. I'm also an engineer and have worked in parts for years. I came prepared with exactly what I felt was happening internally. Not enough fluid to complete the friction to catch the clutch. From there I explained that at long rides to work. When going on a slight 5 degree to even 3 degree slope up or down. That the transmission would have this issue when warm. I would also have this issue on stops and gos at stop signs during the cold. Which to my foot PHD. lol. Told me that again, we were not creating enough fluid pressure to complete the necessary gear shift.

I looked the guy in the face and said. I'd like to simply see if it needs the oil checked and to reflash the ECU for the transmission. So I can re teach it from there.

He agreed with me and we went from there. It was real quick and easy. I didn't make any points to say it was happening and all these movements. I just used my knowledge of the internals of the transmission to lay out exactly what I felt was happening mechanically. And my problem was solved. half a quart short.

Good luck. Just keep shopping dealers if they are difficult.
I experience exactly the same. This is amazing. Thanks again!
Sponsored