Gas Petal Stopped Working On Freeway 10r80

neomadeit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neo
Vehicle(s)
10r80 fbo
I was driving on the freeway with cruise control on at 70 out of nowhere i heard the car making some weird noises and it started i guess "stalling" im not sure how to describe it but the gas petal stopped working and the check engine light turned on i pushed the gas petal all the way down to see if it would do anything and nothing.

So i pulled over turned off the car and turned it back off and it was gone. The check engine light stayed on for a few hours while driving home then randomly turned off. I was wondering has anyone had this issue before or heard of it?

Only mods done at the moment are e85r lund tune, p51 intake. I've been on the tune for a longtime so i don't think it has anything to do with the tune im not sure what it could be. Going to take it to the dealer soon to get checked to see if there's anything wrong if anyone has heard or had this problem let me know!

- edit

took the car out to go drive today everything feels good, started up fine, no weird noises not sure if maybe it was just a random thing

did a little research seen alot of people saying it might be the throttle body going to check it out soon
Sponsored

Last edited:

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Can't help you with exact problem, but maybe this will give you a bump so someone with more knowledge can help.
If that wrench light comes on, and gas pedal doesn't work, the computer put you in limp mode. It'll idle, maybe move slowly to get off the road. Restarting it reset whatever fault, though it may be in memory. O'Reilly I believe will read your codes for you. With me, it stopped on I-15 at 70, fortunately was next to an offramp in Cedar City. Mine was a sticky throttle body, after the sensors repeated the code, it would go into limp- but mine is an entirely different Mustang

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Did you get fuel recently? Maybe a random bad spit of gas went through the engine? Usually if the throttle body is starting to go you typically get a wrench popping up on the cluster too at least on most of the other ford models anyway to my knowledge. Definitely check codes asap to see what history codes show up though so you can keep an eye on whatever it may be.

OP
OP
neomadeit

neomadeit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neo
Vehicle(s)
10r80 fbo
I didn't get a wrench or anything it was super weird i just pulled over, turned the car off and started it back up when it happened and its been working perfectly fine the pass few days did a couple hard pulls to haven't had any problems.

I went to autozone because the check engine light would turn on randomly today. The codes that popped up where

P0430
U0140-00

I'm going to do some research and see what those are really weird problem tho hopefully no one runs into the same issue

Sponsored

OP
OP
neomadeit

neomadeit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neo
Vehicle(s)
10r80 fbo
Did you get fuel recently? Maybe a random bad spit of gas went through the engine? Usually if the throttle body is starting to go you typically get a wrench popping up on the cluster too at least on most of the other ford models anyway to my knowledge. Definitely check codes asap to see what history codes show up though so you can keep an eye on whatever it may be.
I did fill up before leaving but its the same station that i always go to im going to to go re-test the e85 agian tomorrow and see if maybe the e85 has changed or something.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I didn't get a wrench or anything it was super weird i just pulled over, turned the car off and started it back up when it happened and its been working perfectly fine the pass few days did a couple hard pulls to haven't had any problems.

I went to autozone because the check engine light would turn on randomly today. The codes that popped up where

P0430
U0140-00

I'm going to do some research and see what those are really weird problem tho hopefully no one runs into the same issue
If I remember I can try looking those codes up on monday when I go back to work and see what pulls up

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
UO140- Lost communications with BCM
PO430, cat inefficiency bank 2

OP
OP
neomadeit

neomadeit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neo
Vehicle(s)
10r80 fbo
If I remember I can try looking those codes up on monday when I go back to work and see what pulls up
Thank you so much that would be great. Looks like that the p0430 code was for the cats im going to be going catless headers soon so that shouldn't be much of an issue

the UO140 im not to sure i did some research looks like it might be a loose wire or something? going to check it out today thank you guys for all the. help

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Usually a lost communication fault is from disconnecting the battery or flashing a tune. Clear it and see if it comes back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
neomadeit

neomadeit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neo
Vehicle(s)
10r80 fbo
Usually a lost communication fault is from disconnecting the battery or flashing a tune. Clear it and see if it comes back.
I have been having issues with my battery, if i don't use the car for a few days the battery would be comeplty dead. last time i had to call triple a to get a replacemnt battery. Went to the dealership about it and they couldn't find anything maybe thats one of the causes.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have been having issues with my battery, if i don't use the car for a few days the battery would be comeplty dead. last time i had to call triple a to get a replacemnt battery. Went to the dealership about it and they couldn't find anything maybe thats one of the causes.
Read this thread - specifically the update in Post #14 .... see if that may be your issue too.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/misfire-on-startup-constantly-dead-battery.184938/

This is an issue and Ford released SSM 48123 about battery terminal or battery cable corrosion, because it affects model years up to 2019 (not sure if there is a new SSM to cover later years yet). See the actual SSM PDF in the below link:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/positive-battery-cable-corroded-off.126565/#post-3195853

Also Check this thread; another M6G user found that his console light was staying on with the lid shut. He has pics of how to take apart the rear section of the console which exposes the switch. This may be the same switch (or location of a security switch) for the security package.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/center-console-armrest-light-twisted-seatbelt.173334/

OP
OP
neomadeit

neomadeit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neo
Vehicle(s)
10r80 fbo
Read this thread - specifically the update in Post #14 .... see if that may be your issue too.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/misfire-on-startup-constantly-dead-battery.184938/

This is an issue and Ford released SSM 48123 about battery terminal or battery cable corrosion, because it affects model years up to 2019 (not sure if there is a new SSM to cover later years yet). See the actual SSM PDF in the below link:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/positive-battery-cable-corroded-off.126565/#post-3195853

Also Check this thread; another M6G user found that his console light was staying on with the lid shut. He has pics of how to take apart the rear section of the console which exposes the switch. This may be the same switch (or location of a security switch) for the security package.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/center-console-armrest-light-twisted-seatbelt.173334/
Late reply but yup! your righ that was the issue my battery cable was super corroded just got it replacement have't had any issues since! It also solved by problem where my battery would do if i don't turn on the car for a couple days.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Late reply but yup! your righ that was the issue my battery cable was super corroded just got it replacement have't had any issues since! It also solved by problem where my battery would do if i don't turn on the car for a couple days.
Glad to hear you found the issue and had the battery cable fixed!

Thanks for posting your update too, it will help others with a similar issue in the future.
Sponsored