Sponsored

Cancelled my order on delivery day

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Pretty disappointed right now.

Finally went to pick up the car today only to find it wasn't as I'd asked. Not going to bother going into details as it really doesn't make any difference to the result. Bottom line is I got the deposit back and walked. I just couldn't pay that price and not have everything exactly as I wanted. I told them up front I was picky but I was honest and straight forward the entire time. It wasn't hard, I was asking for them to do less than they normally would. I was going to sign a deal for a second car while I was there so they threw two sales away.

I won't be getting a Mustang now. The only way I could get one would be to go for a different colour and I know that's something that would bug me and I'd never be completely happy and just end up selling it.

I have a lot of mods ready to go on, even had a lot out ready to install today when I got home. These will all be sold now so over the next few days I'll start listing them. If anyone is looking for something feel free to PM me before hand, most of them are in my sig but there's a couple of others as well.
Sponsored

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Not going to bother going into details as it really doesn't make any difference to the result.
Can't not post details in a thread like this mate. At least give us a reason why not? How badly did they stuff up?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
If you are interested in purchasing a DIB with mods already installed let me know, would save you some money from new as well

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As above. What exactly does 'not what I'd asked for' mean exactly. This thread has no weight without any detail. :shrug:

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Post deets

Sponsored

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
Have been following your extensive pre-delivery checklist with interest. To be honest, I think you were setting yourself up to be disappointed... and now you are.

Sorry things ended up like this for you.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Yet another one not happy with the vehicles manufafturer defects

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Details are what's important... otherwise I heard Eor's voice while I was reading the OP.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Huh it wasn't what you wanted? You arrived and they had delivered a lipstick pink fiesta??

I don't think a single car has been delivered perfect in all aspects (body work and paint) as the qc from ford is just not that good.

Amazing looking car but at the end of the day it's a 60k car not a 600k car.

Anyone heard the term "good from far but far from good"

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well that sucks; hope you can find what youre looking for

Sponsored
OP
OP

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Have been following your extensive pre-delivery checklist with interest. To be honest, I think you were setting yourself up to be disappointed... and now you are.

Sorry things ended up like this for you.
Mate, I never even got as far as starting to check the car so the check list didn't come into it. All of the issues were in what they did pre delivery and their customer service. I'm not going to go into details as I don't want to dwell upon it. All I'll say is I'm not happy with Thomson Ford but if anyone wants a Grabber Blue manual GT they have one available immediately (but check the dash/centre console has been put back together properly and there's no rattles etc and it starts reliably).

I was saying to someone the other day that things often happen for a reason that we can't see until later and perhaps that's the case here.

As I'd taken the day off work and need a car having sold my old one ready for the Mustang to be delivered I decided to go shopping so made a couple of calls to check stock and headed to a dealer that's further away than I'd like but had 3 of what I was after (a Ranger FX4) in stock.

Started having a look over one of them with the dealer and got to talking and eventually chat came around to the Mustang and what I'd just gone through etc. He asks if I'd still be interested in a Mustang. I'd seen a grey and a black on the lot and figured he was going to try and sell me on one of those but no, he has a Grabber Blue manual GT already ordered due Oct so we started talking about a 2 car deal. You can see where this is going and yes, signed a deal for the Grabber Blue Mustang and a Frozen White Ranger FX4 and got a slightly better price than my original Mustang deal.

Have to go through the whole process of waiting on the car again but 7 months went quickly enough so another 5 isn't a big deal. Many of you waited that long anyway. Ranger I'll pick up soon so I'll at least have something to drive while waiting for the Mustang take 2 to arrive.

So, mods are off the market. Sorry to those that have PMd me but I really didn't expect this. I'll reply to each in case this post is missed.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
All I'll say is I'm not happy with Thomson Ford but if anyone wants a Grabber Blue manual GT .
I bought a Focus from those guys once. Needless to say, I never went back and took my servicing to Brad Garlick. The next 2 Fords also came from Brad Garlick.

'Nuff said.

Mr_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0L
Went to Thomson Ford in 2004 for a ba xr8 ute as they are just around the corner, ready to buy and steven thought i was just mucking around , wouldn't let me test drive one, and assumed i couldn't afford it.and told me 45k...so went to winford and had blueprint manual one delivered 2 weeks later for 42k. I took it Thomson for the first service as i knew someone in service department at the time , new cars was with the servicing at that time and steven saw me ...look on his face? Priceless. I will Never go there again.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
There are so many companies that are unable or unwilling to understand that customer service can make or break a company.
I am having an issue with a dealer that I have bought a number of new cars from over the last few years including the mustang. The issue is not with the mustang though.
I bought a new Ford for the oldest daughter yesterday, but went to a different dealer....they were very good to deal with and will be my new go to dealer.
The loss of income from services and sales will be many times greater than the value of the issue I am having with the previous dealer.
Glad to hear that you will still be getting behind the wheel of a mustang Apsilon.

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
I bought a Focus from those guys once. Needless to say, I never went back and took my servicing to Brad Garlick. The next 2 Fords also came from Brad Garlick.

'Nuff said.
My experience with Brad Garlick has been fantastic! I have been worried about findings another good dealer after moving to Melbourne.
Sponsored