Mustang Floor Mats on Delivery

jim05s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding Floor Mats.

I understand our cars are delivered with mats for the driver & pax but not for the back seats (which I will accept even though the published Ford brochures say otherwise:doh:).

Are the factory mats Ok in quality, and will they last for an extended period of time (until better options become available)?

I am a fussy bugger (according to my wife:D). I currently own a Brock Commodore which I often display with my car club. Floor mats are a simple part of improving presentation.

Does anyone know of a local manufacturer of floor mats for our cars? It is clear that there are a huge range of options available in the US, unfortunately, these will not fit our cars. I would love to have a set of mats for everyday driving and another set for displays, shows etc (with the tri-bar pony embroidered:)).

Looking for any guidance or advice that may help.

Cheer,
James
Sponsored

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Silly me bought tri-bar pony mats and trunk mat from CJ Pony parts without realising that we have a steering wheel on the other side :(

The mats are awesome though, very high quality and very thick, were also pretty expensive...

I need to figure out what to do with them to make them fit......

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding Floor Mats.

I understand our cars are delivered with mats for the driver & pax but not for the back seats (which I will accept even though the published Ford brochures say otherwise:doh:).

Are the factory mats Ok in quality, and will they last for an extended period of time (until better options become available)?

I am a fussy bugger (according to my wife:D). I currently own a Brock Commodore which I often display with my car club. Floor mats are a simple part of improving presentation.

Does anyone know of a local manufacturer of floor mats for our cars? It is clear that there are a huge range of options available in the US, unfortunately, these will not fit our cars. I would love to have a set of mats for everyday driving and another set for displays, shows etc (with the tri-bar pony embroidered:)).

Looking for any guidance or advice that may help.

Cheer,
James
Hi James,

I'm also big on quality Floor Mats.

I have been speaking to some of our UK Mustang owners and I'm going to order some Mats from the UK, designed for RHD Mustangs.

You can select what quality carpet you want them made in.

See the following web site.

http://www.premierproductsltd.co.uk/car-mats/ford-1/ford-mustang/ford-mustang-mats-fits-years-2015-/.

I have also purchased a Boot / Trunk Mat, from CJ Pony Parts in the USA.

Real quality with a Pony embroidered on it.

Regards
Graeme

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
The stock mats aren't that bad. Granted they dont have any embroidery on them, but they have a soft plastic dimpled back and do not move around like a straight carpet piece. They vacuum well, any dirt lifts out easy. They will be fine until they wear out, which all mats do sooner or later.

Sponsored

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
The stock mats aren't that bad. Granted they dont have any embroidery on them, but they have a soft plastic dimpled back and do not move around like a straight carpet piece. They vacuum well, any dirt lifts out easy. They will be fine until they wear out, which all mats do sooner or later.
I haven't vacuumed ours yet, but the passenger one moves around the footwell. I'd have preferred to see some sort of anchor pins on the passenger side to keep it in place.

Other than that I agree they are OK. Not great, but not so bad that they need to be replaced straight away. Not as good as the Wildtrak ones that came in my Ranger I'd say. The irony there being that's a ute so it had rubber ones put in from day one and the nice carpet ones with Wildtrak embroidered in them are in a bag in the garage waiting for resale time.

OP
OP

jim05s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Would the Book/trunk mat fit our stangs?
I certainly hope so, I purchased Lloyds "Tri-bar" boot mat a little while ago from the USA, awaiting my stang. Can't see any reason these would not fit.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
I certainly hope so, I purchased Lloyds "Tri-bar" boot mat a little while ago from the USA, awaiting my stang. Can't see any reason these would not fit.
Yes the Lloyds boot mats from CJ Pony fit, I have one. So long as you order the ones for "without subwoofer".

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Didnt even see this until now!! But Ford AU is now offering the liner for the boot!! $215, which is not too bad, considering importing etc. from USA will bring the cost to well over 200$

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/mustang/accessories/interior#overlay=11373844931201249133789737

They also have on offer a carbon fibre shift knob at a hefty price tag of $275 :crazy:

I purchased the Boot Liner through my local Ford Dealer. Must admit they discounted the price a little for me. Fits perfect. Comes rolled up in a box. Rolled it out laid it upside down in the sun for 5 minutes and was perfectly flat for fitting.

Sponsored

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
I purchased the Boot Liner through my local Ford Dealer. Must admit they discounted the price a little for me. Fits perfect. Comes rolled up in a box. Rolled it out laid it upside down in the sun for 5 minutes and was perfectly flat for fitting.
I would have liked to have seen one before I ordered one, but none of the dealers in WA have ordered one yet.

Are you happy with it Greg? Is it a nice solid, thick piece of rubber ?

OP
OP

jim05s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
I would have liked to have seen one before I ordered one, but none of the dealers in WA have ordered one yet.

Are you happy with it Greg? Is it a nice solid, thick piece of rubber ?
I considered the rubber boot mat for my Stang but decided against it.

I have one in my current Clubsport and it works great. However, we use this car to tow our boat so the boot often gets undesireable wet & slippery things dumped in it at the boat ramp.

This will not happen with the Stang....no way. It will not tow our boat, actually, by design, it cannot tow our boat (500kg's max). As such, I went away from the rubber mat to a nice embroidered one from Llyods, delivered from the USA for AUD$153.

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I considered the rubber boot mat for my Stang but decided against it.

I have one in my current Clubsport and it works great. However, we use this car to tow our boat so the boot often gets undesireable wet & slippery things dumped in it at the boat ramp.

This will not happen with the Stang....no way. It will not tow our boat, actually, by design, it cannot tow our boat (500kg's max). As such, I went away from the rubber mat to a nice embroidered one from Llyods, delivered from the USA for AUD$153.
Is that $153 for the mat including delivery, or just for delivery?

OP
OP

jim05s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Is that $153 for the mat including delivery, or just for delivery?
That was for the mat, delivered. I took advantage of the Black Friday sales a little while ago and got it from Yates Performance. They were great to deal with.

Cheers,
James