Sponsored

Thoughts on MFP or Harrup Phenolic Spacers for a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger on Gen 2 s550

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see a comparison of the two

MFP Phenolic Spacers flat.jpg

MFP Phenolic Spacers up.jpg
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
how thick is it, I'll pull my pic from the other thread
edit: if I find more I'll post them I don't remember taking a lot of pix.
IMG-20201020-WA0004.jpg

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
how thick is it, I'll pull my pic from the other thread
edit: if I find more I'll post them I don't remember taking a lot of pix.
IMG-20201020-WA0004.jpg
5mm thick

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How thick is yours?

Edit: Boy this is starting to sound interesting- lol

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The MFP ones are exactly similar in design I guess. I have attached pic of ones I received too.

20211005_182236.jpg

20211005_182138.jpg

20211005_182121.jpg
Looks like mine is approximately 5mm thick, I believe a 1/4 inch is about ~6mm and I remember putting up a ruler on them and it wasn't even a quarter inch.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like mine is approximately 5mm thick, I believe a 1/4 inch is about ~6mm and I remember putting up a ruler on them and it wasn't even a quarter inch.
What's the Harrop made of, nylon(plastic)?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Whipple Guys(I have a Gen 3). If you use these spacers how do you deal with the belt bracket that bolts to the bottom part of the blower(since the blower will be raised)? Also does it clear the stock hood still?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What's the Harrop made of, nylon(plastic)?
Phenolics are plastics- I believe it is the same material.
There are different versions of it. I think the Harrop are PTFE (teflon) lined, seems like it from the feel of it. might not be though

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Whipple Guys(I have a Gen 3). If you use these spacers how do you deal with the belt bracket that bolts to the bottom part of the blower(since the blower will be raised)? Also does it clear the stock hood still?
Mine clears the stock hood fine, but there is more rubbing in the insulation.
I have an Edelbrock so I can't answer whipple questions.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a phenolic spacer for a turbo application (Cosworth, not a Coyote) and the material is like Tufnol - kind of a plastic / fabric laminate :like:

WD :like:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Email harrop sent me said 3.25 mm thick

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Please keep us updated as I have a 16 gt with roush blower and was thinking of doing the upgrade myself. Did the spacers come with longer bolts for installation or do you have to source them yourself? I was also thinking of maybe putting a thermal blanket under the blower to help as well since the blower will be off already.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Please keep us updated as I have a 16 gt with roush blower and was thinking of doing the upgrade myself. Did the spacers come with longer bolts for installation or do you have to source them yourself? I was also thinking of maybe putting a thermal blanket under the blower to help as well since the blower will be off already.
I will keep you all posted. The Paramount MFP Phenolic Spacers don't come with bolts at all. I asked about it prior to purchase and what Wes with Paramount Speed told me was "No, they are not included with the spacers. Too many different setups to do that with. "

Next weekend, things are getting installed on the car including these spacers. Also you will probably need a longer belt, maybe 3/4 inch longer which can be easily purchased. I'll let the installer decide how long of a belt to purchase. Hood clearance won't be an issue with these spacers and the supercharger from what Paamount told me so no worries there.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
I will keep you all posted. The Paramount MFP Phenolic Spacers don't come with bolts at all. I asked about it prior to purchase and what Wes with Paramount Speed told me was "No, they are not included with the spacers. Too many different setups to do that with. "

Next weekend, things are getting installed on the car including these spacers. Also you will probably need a longer belt, maybe 3/4 inch longer which can be easily purchased. I'll let the installer decide how long of a belt to purchase. Hood clearance won't be an issue with these spacers and the supercharger from what Paamount told me so no worries there.
Mine came with longer bolts and cost a little less back in October 2019 and as for belts, I added 1/2" to each belt corresponding to your pulley size.
Sponsored