Thoughts on 10r80 fluid/filter change.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Just watched a video on changing the fluid and filter and it looks messy but doable. I then checked the owners manual which says the service interval is 150k miles. But I've read other places that it should be done every 30k miles. I'm currently sitting at about 66k so I'm either not quite half way or twice over.
I DD it and don't have a single issue or problem with the transmission, knock wood... Probably 70% highway, 30% other, no track or racing just spirited commuting.
I "feel" like 150k is a long time but 30k is really short. Considering I'm at 66k with nothing going on that 100k might be optimal for me.

Have you changed yours yet?
Do you plan to?
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Just watched a video on changing the fluid and filter and it looks messy but doable. I then checked the owners manual which says the service interval is 150k miles. But I've read other places that it should be done every 30k miles. I'm currently sitting at about 66k so I'm either not quite half way or twice over.
I DD it and don't have a single issue or problem with the transmission, knock wood... Probably 70% highway, 30% other, no track or racing just spirited commuting.
I "feel" like 150k is a long time but 30k is really short. Considering I'm at 66k with nothing going on that 100k might be optimal for me.

Have you changed yours yet?
Do you plan to?
Thoughts?
Personally, I trust the people who designed the car to know when it should be changed. I go by their recommendations over any other source.