Sponsored

Those who had a 2017 and now a 2018 - whats it like?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
If you're trading a car in that's barely a year old to upgrade to next years model, just based on that financial decision alone you probably aren't very good with money. At that rate, you could be doing forced induction for the money you lose especially if you're trading in every year. You should probably lease instead.

I guess that's the difference between someone with a lot of debt and someone with not as much and wants to retire one day.
so based off 1 choice someone made you want to come in here acting high and mighty to feel better why you dont have an 18. its ok you will get there. not everyone has great credit. retirement is easy its for people with a legit job they practically give it you and i have mine set to the max. sooooo.. i dont mind salty chips though.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
so based off 1 choice someone made you want to come in here acting high and mighty to feel better why you dont have an 18. its ok you will get there. not everyone has great credit. retirement is easy its for people with a legit job they practically give it you and i have mine set to the max. sooooo.. i dont mind salty chips though.
I had the chance to buy a 2018 like most people. I knew it was going to be stupid expensive so I turned it down because I could get a fully customized exactly how I wanted it and loaded up 2017 for a ton less money than a $50,000 Mustang GT. I'm sorry, but no Mustang is worth $50,000 unless it's a Shelby. For the money I saved not buying an 18, I can easily use it towards outperforming an 18. Oh, and I have excellent credit and a retirement going as well. I'm glad you think you know me.

Enjoy your salty chips and congrats on turning this into a 2017 vs 2018 bashing thread.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I had the chance to buy a 2018 like most people. I knew it was going to be stupid expensive so I turned it down because I could get a fully customized exactly how I wanted it and loaded up 2017 for a ton less money than a $50,000 Mustang GT. I'm sorry, but no Mustang is worth $50,000 unless it's a Shelby. For the money I saved not buying an 18, I can easily use it towards outperforming an 18. Oh, and I have excellent credit and a retirement going as well. I'm glad you think you know me.

Enjoy your salty chips and congrats on turning this into a 2017 vs 2018 bashing thread.
lol youre funny the fact thay my payment went up $50 a month isnt exactly breaking my bank. i never said anything negative about you. you came in basically calling everyone in here poor. when youre not exactly rich. 50k is like a standard car price now days. explorers cost 50k kias even cost 40k so it doesnt really matter if you enjoy it. thats all people work for is quality of life and enjoyment. i dont know you and i dont care to. just wanted to see if i can understand how you could make a broad statement about peoples financial situations

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
lol youre funny the fact thay my payment went up $50 a month isnt exactly breaking my bank. i never said anything negative about you. you came in basically calling everyone in here poor. when youre not exactly rich. 50k is like a standard car price now days. explorers cost 50k kias even cost 40k so it doesnt really matter if you enjoy it. thats all people work for is quality of life and enjoyment. i dont know you and i dont care to. just wanted to see if i can understand how you could make a broad statement about peoples financial situations
Standard car price??? You're on crack. A Camry, Civic, Accord, CX-5, CR-V are standard cars and those are no where near that mark. Most of them can be had for below or just above 30k with tons of options. Low 20's on the smaller sedans and cross overs with less. Calling $50k a norm for a car is absurd.

Yes, large SUV's and trucks can go above 40-50k, but Kia??? Come on man.... they only have a Stinger GT and that's really their most expensive one.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Standard car price??? You're on crack. A Camry, Civic, Accord, CX-5, CR-V are standard cars and those are no where near that mark. Most of them can be had for below or just above 30k with tons of options. Low 20's on the smaller sedans and cross overs with less. Calling $50k a norm for a car is absurd.

Yes, large SUV's and trucks can go above 40-50k, but Kia??? Come on man.... they only have a Stinger GT and that's really their most expensive one.
what ever you want to tell youre self for judging people randomly. then being mad about someone judging you. its ok you dont have to be a hater, put down the hateraid and just be happy :lol: you still have an awesome car coyotes are the best!:headbang:

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I kept my 2 highly modded 15's(rather than give them away) and added an 18 PP/A10/400A .
I plan on keeping the mods on this one to a minimal-Gen5 whipple /CF drive shaft/halfshafts/CB005.

I am loving the 18 so far but some of that is obviously because its still in"unmolested" and drives great.

The A10 is alone is definitely worth it even compared to my tuned and built/converter 6r80 in my Hellion 15. The Magneride feels way better than the adjustable suspension set ups (Vikings in rear and Koni's in front)I have on the 15's even lowered with Eibach springs. Its still softer and more street friendly in sport compared to the "normal" setting in my also lowered GT350.
Obviously cant compare power wise to the modded 15's but it still feels faster than I remember the 15's felt stock. I even entertained the idea of leaving it NA but you know how that goes. The new car effects is starting to wear off and its now "no longer fast enough stock" . I will make some baseline runs at the strip stock but the whipple cant get here fast enough.

It may be in my head but one thing I noticed driving the 15's back to back with the 18 is that the newer car feels "smaller".

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
At least you '17 owners get a CD player as standard. The poor old '19ers have to pay for a top whack premium audio for one. Think yourselves lucky with your quite exhausts and all.
People use CD players?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
People use CD players?
Yes, believe or not, some still do.:headbang:

If you chose to listen to mp3s through a USB drive or through your phone or any of the streaming services by phone, or if you listen to satellite radio, you "lose" a significant portion of the sound quality.

The afore mentioned services compress the crap out of the sound, so unless we take an MP3 and put it back to CD quality, it will NEVER sound as good as a CD.

I admit I don't consistently use my CD player but on occasion, when I want to listen to quality sound from one of my favorite artists, I will pop in a CD..:cheers:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

If you chose to listen to mp3s through a USB drive or through your phone or any of the streaming services by phone, or if you listen to satellite radio, you "lose" a significant portion of the sound quality.

The afore mentioned services compress the crap out of the sound, so unless we take an MP3 and put it back to CD quality, it will NEVER sound as good as a CD.

I admit I don't consistently use my CD player but on occasion, when I want to listen to quality sound from one of my favorite artists, I will pop in a CD..:cheers:
This.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
The 2017 and 2018 Ford Mustangs are great cars and are great value compared to a lot of cars on the market.You can have a lot of fun with both with a few mods.JMO

Sponsored

Snide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0

All my recorded music is PCM 44 100 Hz, 24 Bit, Stereo. My music is lossless, not compressed. My USB drive sounds just dandy in my Stang. I don't deal with mp3, they distort original sound entirely too much.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
wait , what? there is a stereo in these cars? i rarely use it so i can listen to that awesome exhaust i have on the car. who needs music anyway....
i thought the sound tube in the back was to amplify my exhaust sound for me in the car!
:):D

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
All my recorded music is PCM 44 100 Hz, 24 Bit, Stereo. My music is lossless, not compressed. My USB drive sounds just dandy in my Stang. I don't deal with mp3, they distort original sound entirely too much.
As it should be:thumbsup:

All my USB music I have on CD anyway. Just haven’t gotten around to doing it all the RIGHT way yet. :thumbsup:
Sponsored