Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Smaller rear brake calipers = less unsprung weight for better handling.
The aluminum 4-pot calipers are lighter than the crappy stock ones for sure; they only question is by how much. So the above statement is not correct. If it was 'lighter rear brake calipers = less unsprung weight', then it'd be true :).
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to know why Ford is charging $500 for Red color over black Brembos. Is it because they are painting them or are they a different model?
because they can. It's just the Bullitt SKU whereas the black ones were the California Special SKU. Go to FordParts and you'll see all three. It's like $200 extra for the red ones vs the matte-gray that comes with PP1 cars.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes, Ford has obviously caught onto Jeep's and Porsche's option fleecing.....

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
All I will say is that my PP2 is looking to be a better and better bargain.
To me, I always thought the PP2 was a real bargain- a real "business coupe" that became a development car for what the Mach 1 was to become. All for thousands less.
I shoulda bought one.....

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
To me, I always thought the PP2 was a real bargain- a real "business coupe" that became a development car for what the Mach 1 was to become. All for thousands less.
I shoulda bought one.....
I was planning on it until the mach announcement.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Well I'm glad I got my PP2. May consider a base MACh1 with the A10 later, but I see no need for the HP when I can add wheels tires and spoilers later.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just wanted to mention that those bashing the MT-82 because it's made in China (Getrag is German). Tremec is a Mexican company (TREnes MECanicos SA, originally. And now Transmisiones y Equipos Mecanicos SA) in Queretaro, MX, and the transmissions are designed and made in Queretaro, MX. So both are made by countries usually associated with inferior quality :devil: .

Last edited:

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Just wanted to mention that those bashing the MT-82 because it's made in China (Getrag is German). Tremec is a Mexican company (TREnes MECanicos SA, originally. And now Transmisiones y Equipos Mecanicos SA) in Queretaro, MX, and the transmissions are designed and made in Queretaro, MX. So both are made by countries usually associated with inferior quality :devil: .
People aren't bashing it because it's made in China, they're bashing it because it is not a very good transmission. I know I personally had to spend almost a thousand dollars just to make mine tolerable.

There is a reason why Tremec is in every high hp American car with a standard transmission.

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Loaded 2015 GT af already in the garage, GT350 TR3160 parts from flywheel to rear differential flange already in the garage , downshift rev match controller only only a few hundred dollars more

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
People aren't bashing it because it's made in China, they're bashing it because it is not a very good transmission.
Actually both IMO :)... BUT finally Ford fixed it properly starting with 2019 Mustangs. I've owned 3 Tremecs and this MT-82, and my Bullitt tranny is better than those 3. In fact, the last one (TR6060) on my last Vette was defective right off the truck (car had 3 miles on the clock), so as far as I'm concerned, the crappy one is the Tremec. Ha ha. But generally speaking, they feel less refined, but withstand more abuse. So I guess which is the better tranny depends what you want the car for. In my case, I'm very happy with the Getrag, at least so far :rockon:.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But generally speaking, they feel less refined, but withstand more abuse.
I drive the '19 Getrag back to back with a 3160 and the Tremec is 'snick' but by virtue of being so smooth sometime ambiguous if it's really into gear. The Getrag is agricultural with pronounced detents.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, that's exactly what makes a transmission great, and what most people I know prefer (including myself), but to each his own :). You want to feel a mechanical connection with the car, not shifting thru rubber, like most other manual cars. Want agricultural? Try a Borg Warner. Want the best? Try a Graziano.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Actually both IMO :)... BUT finally Ford fixed it properly starting with 2019 Mustangs. I've owned 3 Tremecs and this MT-82, and my Bullitt tranny is better than those 3. In fact, the last one (TR6060) on my last Vette was defective right off the truck (car had 3 miles on the clock), so as far as I'm concerned, the crappy one is the Tremec. Ha ha. But generally speaking, they feel less refined, but withstand more abuse. So I guess which is the better tranny depends what you want the car for. In my case, I'm very happy with the Getrag, at least so far :rockon:.
I'm glad Ford updated the MT-82 with the D4, but the changes that were made were not in regards to durability. Only the clutch, gear ratios, and synchronizers were replaced to address the action, not to withstand more power. That's the whole reason Ford has a lawsuit on it's hands because the MT-82 was originally designed for low power applications.

And your 6060 breaking is not indicative of power levels because it is still the superior transmission. You think Dodge would ever put an MT-82 in a Hellcat? Or Chevy using it for any LT4-powered car? No, the MT-82 sucks and will eventually break at anything over 450 torque.
Sponsored