This is a Steal!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
There's a reason why air filters and cold air intakes like K&N systems increase horsepower by 5 or 6. They are less restrictive filters. Instead of the K&N air filter being the filter, now your engine is the filter or lack there of.

If you want the CAI to be different or for a nicer looking engine bay, fine. Don't buy a CAI or K&N type air filters for the gain though. Definitely not worth it. Stick to either paper air filters or strike a balance between flow and restrictiveness and get an air filter like the AEM Brute Force series that actually filters. The Brute Force series is AEM's offroad air filter series. They actually filter something unlike the oiled K&Ns.
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Second thoughts save money and make horsepower.

If you really want a change. It still requires a tune.. But down the line you may want headers etc... That will require another tune. On and On.

My advice is save your money, get to know the ropes. Then make a game plan that doesn't have you buying stuff that you end up taking off because of new upgrades.

This is a good start and it has a 3/36k warranty from New.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-9603-m8b.html

1642532711187.png
This looked like the best option if like me you want a some more power but have the Ford warranty and extended warranty and want to stay in good with Ford. I know the tune is one and done, Ford only. Expecting to do track days each season but no serious mods until I feel limited but the car not my skills.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This looked like the best option if like me you want a some more power but have the Ford warranty and extended warranty and want to stay in good with Ford. I know the tune is one and done, Ford only. Expecting to do track days each season but no serious mods until I feel limited but the car not my skills.
I have the Ford Performance calibration on my car. As long as its installed by a Ford dealer or ASE mechanic all warranty's still apply. It does give you a bigger throttle body and GT350 intake with some added torque and hp, but was it worth the $1,000+ price tag? Not really. The biggest difference with it over stock is the throttle response.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I have the Ford Performance calibration on my car. As long as its installed by a Ford dealer or ASE mechanic all warranty's still apply. It does give you a bigger throttle body and GT350 intake with some added torque and hp, but was it worth the $1,000+ price tag? Not really. The biggest difference with it over stock is the throttle response.
I've seen that feedback but also in the forums another said it made the A10 shifts smoother, quicker. More torque at the low end of RPMs too? Better shifting is a plus for the track. Guess the value question comes down to, worth $1000 for street driving, maybe not, work it for few years of tracking? maybe.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
gains you at most a handful of hp if that.
And only with the hood up, with an industrial fan blowing over the engine, on cold day with low humidity

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
The main reason I am looking at it would be the shifting improvement on the 1080R. It's overpriced they have you over the warranty barrel.

Some of the parts will work in unison with future improvements, long tubes, supercharger.

We are in such un-certain times. I am not willing to risk blowing my warranty just yet. $10k for new tranny.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've seen that feedback but also in the forums another said it made the A10 shifts smoother, quicker. More torque at the low end of RPMs too? Better shifting is a plus for the track. Guess the value question comes down to, worth $1000 for street driving, maybe not, work it for few years of tracking? maybe.
You do see more torque at the low end. Nothing that screams worth the price though imo. I don't see any smoother shifting vs stock with the tranny.
Sponsored