Sponsored

Things you never knew your car did!

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Yesterday noticed that when the "50 miles till E" message pops on the dash that the nav unit automatically highlights every gas station nearby on the map.

This is of course for those with the nav option.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My engine does shut off when popping the hood, 18 a10. Maybe on remote start only or only when in park? not sure I may test it again tomorrow but it definitely has happened to me multiple times.

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My engine does shut off when popping the hood, 18 a10. Maybe on remote start only or only when in park? not sure I may test it again tomorrow but it definitely has happened to me multiple times.
I can see it as a remote start feature. Maybe that's why us manual drivers don't have that issue.

UnkTob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible Premium
I can see it as a remote start feature. Maybe that's why us manual drivers don't have that issue.
Yup! I can confirm that with the A10 and the car is remote started, opening the hood kills the engine on purpose. (Used to install aftermarket remote starts, and that's pretty common now)

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Yup! I can confirm that with the A10 and the car is remote started, opening the hood kills the engine on purpose. (Used to install aftermarket remote starts, and that's pretty common now)
I'm sure that's a safety feature. You wouldn't want to be under the hood working and have a kid or someone inside the house start the car, or say "Hey! Let's scare the shit out of dad".

Last edited:

ranjeetsodhi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ranjeet
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible premium
two days after taking delivery of the new Mustang GT convertible, an idiot driver in front braked suddenly, and the mustang proximity alert system went into overdrive and started beeping with the dashboard LED light blinking (think they are for gear shifting aid - but mine is a 10speed auto) ... Amazing warning and visual aid - but my initial reaction was that some major electrical malfunction had happened :facepalm:

(something like this - this is from a ford video on pre-collision warning)
upload_2019-8-5_13-28-26.png

Last edited:

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
I'll stand corrected then; I have not hit that specific set of parameters that would kill the engine on a hood release.

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
two days after taking delivery of the new Mustang GT convertible, an idiot driver in front braked suddenly, and the mustang proximity alert system went into overdrive and started beeping with the dashboard LED light blinking (think they are for gear shifting aid - but mine is a 10speed auto) ... Amazing warning and visual aid - but my initial reaction was that some major electrical malfunction had happened :facepalm:

(something like this - this is from a ford video on pre-collision warning)
upload_2019-8-5_13-28-26.png
HAHA had that in my Explorer as well. First time it went off I almost crapped myself. Is based on the closing rate to the vehicle in front of you I believe.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
...now that I think back, when I was showing my friend my new toy, I used the remote start so we could listen to the exhaust

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried this today out of curiosity. If you have paddle shifters, in regular Drive, and want to know what gear you're in, tap "Shift up" and your gear will flash about five times in the cluster.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
...now that I think back, when I was showing my friend my new toy, I used the remote start so we could listen to the exhaust
Done there, been that.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried this today out of curiosity. If you have paddle shifters, in regular Drive, and want to know what gear you're in, tap "Shift up" and your gear will flash about five times in the cluster.
Adding the Cobb Accessport tune will display the gear selection in real time.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
My 19' GT premium with 401a shows the gears all the time.
Sponsored