Things you never knew your car did!

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
  • There are 3 sections to choose colors for.one of them is door sills and console.its the last choice in my color section.i think it's called ambient,not sure.i have premium gt and don't know is all gts have it
Ambient lighting is for the door sills and the wells under the dash, where your feet would be
Halo is the ring around he gauge
Gauge is the gauge
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Recently replaced interior bulbs with bright white LEDs and realized this morning the center console actually has a light in it. Now I need to find a LED for it too. Pretty sure this is my first car with a light in the console.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
HEADLAMP EXIT DELAY

After you switch the ignition off, you can switch the headlamps on by pulling the direction indicator lever toward you. You will hear a short tone. The headlamps will switch off automatically after three minutes with any door open or 30 seconds after the last door has been closed. You can cancel this feature by pulling the direction indicator toward you again or switching the ignition on.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
HEADLAMP EXIT DELAY

After you switch the ignition off, you can switch the headlamps on by pulling the direction indicator lever toward you. You will hear a short tone. The headlamps will switch off automatically after three minutes with any door open or 30 seconds after the last door has been closed. You can cancel this feature by pulling the direction indicator toward you again or switching the ignition on.
With UK spec and lights on auto this happens every time you stop when the lights are on - the headlights stay on for a period of time after you lock the car which can be adjusted in the settings. Pretty sure all Fords with auto-lights do that in the UK as my Mondeo (Fusion) and my wife's Kuga (Escape) do it as well

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
One of the things I wish Ford offered on the S550's (at least on my '15 coupe) was a locking fuel door. Set it lock when you lock the doors. I just don't like the idea of an accessible filler pipe. The other thing would be to have auto-arming alarm. Sometimes, I've forgotten to lock the doors, which arms the factory alarm system. I'd like to have the car arm the alarm after a predetermined amount of time where the car has sat with the ignition off. I also have the supplemental alarm that goes off if I leave the windows down and somebody sticks their hand through the open window.

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I reached through the open window, locked door, at a car show to pop the hood and the horn started beeping. Kind of embarrassing, but a good security measure, I guess.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It did it when vehicle was in park, but I would hope if the hood opened while moving, something would shut down. Hope I never have to find out.
Mine doesn't do that have popped my hood multiple times with the engine running and has never shut off.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Mine doesn't do that have popped my hood multiple times with the engine running and has never shut off.
I have never experienced such a thing, either. At the drag strip, after a run, I often pull the hood release after slowing down to a reasonable speed to help evacuate the hot air from under the hood. The secondary latch keeps the hood from coming up. I have also frequently raised the hood with the car running in park without the engine cutting out.