2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I was out driving about 30 mins outside of London. As usual, I ride with my window open regardless of the temperature because I want to listen to my engine. I stop at a light, next to me is a hot hatch, I don't pay much attention. The bloke waves/gives me a thumbs up, I return the gesture. He then rolls down his window and we have this exchange:
Other driver: Nice toy
Me: Thanks
Other driver: It's not fast
Me: (smiling) It's loud and fun
Other driver: I hired one in the States and was disappointed (no idea what model/year he's talking about)
Other driver: Now this (pointing to his own car) is fast, it has 258 hp
Me: (smile)

The light does green, I'm not going to race this clown, so I let him take off. Sometimes people make you laugh.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good move not to race (especially on most U.K. roads), these things only really shine when you are well over any legal limit :like:

258 bhp in the right car could destroy a standard stang in a typical stop light Grand Prix up to sensible speeds, but the big question is - what car was it ?

Strangest stop light experience I had was two girls (17 ish ?) who did a full walk around selfie whilst I sat there trying to look young and cool :giggle: I suspect I ended up as part of an insta or snap chat clip … :facepalm:

WD :like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Today, I was out driving about 30 mins outside of London. As usual, I ride with my window open regardless of the temperature because I want to listen to my engine. I stop at a light, next to me is a hot hatch, I don't pay much attention. The bloke waves/gives me a thumbs up, I return the gesture. He then rolls down his window and we have this exchange:
Other driver: Nice toy
Me: Thanks
Other driver: It's not fast
Me: (smiling) It's loud and fun
Other driver: I hired one in the States and was disappointed (no idea what model/year he's talking about)
Me: (smile)

The light does green, I'm not going to race this clown, so I let him take off. Sometimes people make you laugh.
Ah you have the usual suspects of the mensa brigade down there too?
Usually I'll get a nod or even a smile but most folks just ignore me and the car. Then they sprint off the line to get in front. Aye, jog on.

258hp? My old MR2 had 240hp, at the hubs. Fairly quick, 0-60 less than 5 with a decent driver (obv not me haha)

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
On the way back from picking up my Mach 1 on Monday I got a thumbs up within the first 6 miles of driving it but then at a traffic light a guy in a Volvo stopped a full two car lengths before the lights so that he was alongside, wound down the window, stuck his head right out to get a better look, looked at me and then just drove off, no smile no thumbs up nothing.

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
During the initial several months of ownership, strangers would approach me, wanting to chat about the car (I hadn't anticipated this part of the ownership " experience "). I was never at ease about that.

These days it's +ve comments about the sound.
I occassionally get the " How many miles to the gallon " question.
To which I reply " 6 ".
The opened jawed look of astonishment is priceless.
:wink:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not at the lights but at the forecourt, both driver and passenger agreed that the stang (I'm always in track mode), sounded better than the R8 :

1668675483547.jpeg

They said they heard me come up behind them and follow them in and that the Audi sounded tame in comparison.

I was surprised as its a V10, but it was nice as they were both very complimentary of the stang and not biased to the Audi (they weren't owners, they were traders). They said the Audi was too muted and needed an aftermarket exhaust :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A hot hatch with 258bhp?? Where do I trade my stang in for one?

JK. Some people just don't get it.

Yes, young man. You're Golf is plenty faster than this thing, but it'll never be as cool will it :sunglasses:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
" Other driver: Now this (pointing to his own car) is fast, it has 258 hp "

I would have taken that comment as self deprecating humour.

I've come to the conclusion, I enjoy the sound my car makes, way more than the performance.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
A hot hatch with 258bhp?? Where do I trade my 'stang in for one?

JK. Some people just don't get it.

Yes, young man. Your Golf is plenty faster than this thing, but it'll never be as cool will it? :sunglasses:
I was wondering what kind of hot hatch it was, but Golf seems like a good guess.

Was there also a Ford Focus that came with power in that range? 🤔

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I was wondering what kind of hot hatch it was, but Golf seems like a good guess.

Was there also a Ford Focus that came with power in that range? 🤔
There are probably loads if you think about it
Renault Megan
Renault Clio
Toyota Yaris GR
Honda Civic Type R
Hyundai i20 N
Mercedes-AMG A45 S
Audi S3
Audi RS3
BMW 1 series (m1 or 135i maybe)

I'm sure I'm missing many out back in the 90's being in the 200+ club was big business but these days most are over 200 hell even my diesel pickup is over 200

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
There are probably loads if you think about it
Renault Megan
Renault Clio
Toyota Yaris GR
Honda Civic Type R
Hyundai i20 N
Mercedes-AMG A45 S
Audi S3
Audi RS3
BMW 1 series (m1 or 135i maybe)

I'm sure I'm missing many out back in the 90's being in the 200+ club was big business but these days most are over 200 hell even my diesel pickup is over 200
In the late 80s, early 90s, the Sierra cosworth was around 200bhp and was considered to be a very quick car, much to the frustration of the owners and their insurance companies.
During the 90s we here in the U.K. saw hot hatches getting up to around 200bhp and the media of the time printing comments about how 200bhp+FWD in a hatch was the limit and it was pointless giving FWD hatches more power.

Fast forward to today and as that ^ list above shows, developments in technology have provided the world with hatches totting way more than 200bhp.

I find the Fiesta STs' + Mountune badge brigade, are occasionally cheeky.
Esp at the TGP (Traffic light Grand Prix) :wink:
But I enjoy the Mustang, I get to use the power, occasionally, when conditions permit.
But I get to enjoy the sound, each and every time the car turns a wheel.
That's why when Tesla's try to give me crap, I know, the driver is seriously jealous of the sound a Mustang GT makes :sunglasses:

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
TBH, I did wish that I already had my long tube headers and high-flow cats on :)

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Not at the lights but at the forecourt, both driver and passenger agreed that the stang (I'm always in track mode), sounded better than the R8 :

1668675483547.jpeg

They said they heard me come up behind them and follow them in and that the Audi sounded tame in comparison.

I was surprised as its a V10, but it was nice as they were both very complimentary of the stang and not biased to the Audi (they weren't owners, they were traders). They said the Audi was too muted and needed an aftermarket exhaust :like:

Now, that I cannot agree with. I've seen a few R8's here, and I always try to keep my car quiet when that happens so I can enjoy that glorious R8 sound. Yes, I'm jealous. ;-)

The R8 in the pic looks pretty ugly in that colour IMO though.
Sponsored