Sponsored

Things to check before picking up your car

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nope mate. I was so frustrated and had a very short time to make a decision. I was gutted and decision was a Tough one. spoke to Kristian and my Detailers before asking for my options. Hopefully I’ll get reservation fee and deposit back into my account today. I felt bit cheated as dealer could have told me about the issues in advance, who knows I might have kept the vehicle. In my need for green, not even one bodywork issues. I think the next mach1 in FJG available anywhere is in September.
A decision I would have hated to make. As we discussed, for a ~£60k car, they shouldn't roll off the line with those kind of paint flaws, and I'm willing to bet Ford would have made a right hash of getting the repair done, effectively devaluing the car and giving you more of a headache.

Your patience will pay off mate and you'll get what you wanted. I had to wait 9 long months for my Ecoboost when I ordered it! Well worth the wait.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
for a ~£60k car, they shouldn't roll off the line with those kind of paint flaws, and I'm willing to bet Ford would have made a right hash of getting the repair done, effectively devaluing the car and giving you more of a headache.
Agree 100% - if they want to demand the high £'s they need to provide the quality to go with it.

Pretty sure the boot lid alignment on the one above would have also lead to the paint chipping issue ... :facepalm:

WD :like:

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Anyone planning to buy mach1 in fighter jet grey color from Perry’s ford, Chesterfield, please beware of bodywork issues (3 of them). I rejected delivery of it today. This would need boot and rear glass to come off to fix and paint job of the panel. Very frustrated and disappointed today. A day off and train tickets £100. Dealer doesn’t want to reimburse, neither ford customer services can do. Dealer did pdi and didn’t share the info on bodywork issues until the day of delivery.

32D7AFAF-D5DD-4A40-9A7D-148630FBCA97.jpeg

9A7CFF2D-EDF1-44FC-8DBB-C7151E5B849D.jpeg
That’s why they emailed me saying they had a cancellation

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
To update, I have booked mach 1 again with Haynes Ford but will have to wait for 3 months. Until then, a chippy CHip car rental: Hopefully, good omen this time

Legacywr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Anyone planning to buy mach1 in fighter jet grey color from Perry’s ford, Chesterfield, please beware of bodywork issues (3 of them). I rejected delivery of it today. This would need boot and rear glass to come off to fix and paint job of the panel. Very frustrated and disappointed today. A day off and train tickets £100. Dealer doesn’t want to reimburse, neither ford customer services can do. Dealer did pdi and didn’t share the info on bodywork issues until the day of delivery.

32D7AFAF-D5DD-4A40-9A7D-148630FBCA97.jpeg

9A7CFF2D-EDF1-44FC-8DBB-C7151E5B849D.jpeg
I currently have a deposit on this car, just wondered why you walked away rather than getting it fixed via the warranty, or get the dealer to rectify?

i’m led to believe paint and fit and finish are a regular problem on Mustangs :(

Sponsored

svfinnishline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, MB Citan
I currently have a deposit on this car, just wondered why you walked away rather than getting it fixed via the warranty, or get the dealer to rectify?

i’m led to believe paint and fit and finish are a regular problem on Mustangs :(
I think walking away is the right thing to do. You can't guarantee the quality of the repair job, and once you drive it off the lot - the car is yours for better or worse.

Had I known of the issues on my Bullit I would never have accepted the car. In addition to the door jamb issues I reported above, the underside of the boot lid had primer showing through. So add that to your pre-purchase survey..

Legacywr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I think walking away is the right thing to do. You can't guarantee the quality of the repair job, and once you drive it off the lot - the car is yours for better or worse.

Had I known of the issues on my Bullit I would never have accepted the car. In addition to the door jamb issues I reported above, the underside of the boot lid had primer showing through. So add that to your pre-purchase survey..
As I said, the only real option is to walk away from buying a Mustang altogether, as you point out, they are just flawed?

The first video review I watched on the Bullitt, just started off by slagging off the bodywork. He had still bought it though...

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler

Hi Mate,
Dealer did pdi and deliberately didn’t tell me until the time of delivery and having a look around. Gary Bishop the sales guy himself told me the vehicle needs to go to bodyshop, where boot lid and rear glass to come off before the pinch are rectified and the whole metal panel to be repainted. When the boot lid comes off, it will also take off paint from the hinges. It’s expected to take weeks and there will be a slight variation on the finish of the panel with rest of the painted finish. This is due to paint shop won’t be able to match up factor finish. From my experience of need of green mustang gt, where dealer created swirls all over paint when applying lifeshine on brand new car. it took 3 months of argument, chase and fight with dealer, ford uk, and ford credit to get some £££ back to get the car multistage detailed. I don’t want to get into the same route again on a brand new car, instead of enjoying I would have end up taking it to bodyshop and going around I circles. My detailers advised me to reject it as I was all ready to get ppf done. I saw two other problems - 2 metal dots (probably welding spray in the groove on the roof on the passenger side of the roof, this will pop out when car will be cleaned and detailed. Paint was coming off from the tip of these two dots. The third problem was where the groove on the roof ends up at rear window, there is a bubble on the paint, and hole. I don’t know how it will be fixed. It was tough decision for me, I felt cheated that dealer did PDI and didn’t tell me these problems in advance. I took a day off and was so excited. I sold my need for green gt to we buy any car, and now without any vehicle. I didn’t have any look from the inside of the vehicle for any issues. There may be a big gap on the driver side headlight and bumper.
I suggest, you please do an inspection of the vehicle and take a call for yourself. For me, I don’t want to take a brand new vehicle to bodyshop and paint shop. Who knows if I would be unfortunate enough with the bodyshop, it will make my life hell.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Hi Mate,
Dealer did pdi and deliberately didn’t tell me until the time of delivery and having a look around. Gary Bishop the sales guy himself told me the vehicle needs to go to bodyshop, where boot lid and rear glass to come off before the pinch are rectified and the whole metal panel to be repainted. When the boot lid comes off, it will also take off paint from the hinges. It’s expected to take weeks and there will be a slight variation on the finish of the panel with rest of the painted finish. This is due to paint shop won’t be able to match up factor finish. From my experience of need of green mustang gt, where dealer created swirls all over paint when applying lifeshine on brand new car. it took 3 months of argument, chase and fight with dealer, ford uk, and ford credit to get some £££ back to get the car multistage detailed. I don’t want to get into the same route again on a brand new car, instead of enjoying I would have end up taking it to bodyshop and going around I circles. My detailers advised me to reject it as I was all ready to get ppf done. I saw two other problems - 2 metal dots (probably welding spray in the groove on the roof on the passenger side of the roof, this will pop out when car will be cleaned and detailed. Paint was coming off from the tip of these two dots. The third problem was where the groove on the roof ends up at rear window, there is a bubble on the paint, and hole. I don’t know how it will be fixed. It was tough decision for me, I felt cheated that dealer did PDI and didn’t tell me these problems in advance. I took a day off and was so excited. I sold my need for green gt to we buy any car, and now without any vehicle. I didn’t have any look from the inside of the vehicle for any issues. There may be a big gap on the driver side headlight and bumper.
I suggest, you please do an inspection of the vehicle and take a call for yourself. For me, I don’t want to take a brand new vehicle to bodyshop and paint shop. Who knows if I would be unfortunate enough with the bodyshop, it will make my life hell.
I am happy to talk to you over the phone if it helps. You have a chance to make an informed decision.

Legacywr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks very much for your input :)

these are photos provided by the dealer.

I will probably walk away, as the paint is quite complex, and as you say, probably difficult to match.

Also, I have another car on order, a Velocity Blue one.

3208AF5C-AF37-43F7-9C3A-09AF726821B5.jpeg

B3074D81-D3CF-4DC9-8480-398C9BD51F51.jpeg

CDC043FB-188E-4F3A-93AC-40C0E7117786.jpeg

2B2AF397-9980-4BAD-93F8-1F2A6E4F2D7D.jpeg

Sponsored

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Thanks very much for your input :)

these are photos provided by the dealer.

I will probably walk away, as the paint is quite complex, and as you say, probably difficult to match.

Also, I have another car on order, a Velocity Blue one.

3208AF5C-AF37-43F7-9C3A-09AF726821B5.jpeg

B3074D81-D3CF-4DC9-8480-398C9BD51F51.jpeg

CDC043FB-188E-4F3A-93AC-40C0E7117786.jpeg

2B2AF397-9980-4BAD-93F8-1F2A6E4F2D7D.jpeg
I can see the roof one looks horrible now. It also seems car been washed and the spots are quite visible.
Velocity blue will look very cool. Best of luck.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The loading blocks should be taken out of the springs. That's always one to check.
Sponsored