Sponsored

The wrecked 15 MY thread

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
no air bags deployed?
Surprisingly enough.. no, And the other driver (A 2012 honda civic) slammed Into me pretty hard, He would've hit my driver side door (t-bone) had I not saw him turning Into me and tried to avoid him. He clipped my back tire though and I lost control almost Immediately It looks as if he totaled his car from what I saw. But there was a cop driving by right as this happened, so I didn't speak with the other driver at all It was a younger kid.
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Surprisingly enough.. no, And the other driver (A 2012 honda civic) slammed Into me pretty hard, He would've hit my driver side door (t-bone) had I not saw him turning Into me and tried to avoid him. He clipped my back tire though and I lost control almost Immediately It looks as if he totaled his car from what I saw. But there was a cop driving by right as this happened, so I didn't speak with the other driver at all It was a younger kid.
mine popped when i curbed mine at 224 miles:frusty:
also ask and tell them you expect diminished value, which i would put at 7k, you want it totaled! trust me

i will pm you later, Ive helped others on here. have to go to work dinner. now

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
mine popped when i curbed mine at 224 miles:frusty:
also ask and tell them you expect diminished value, which i would put at 7k, you want it totaled! trust me

i will pm you later, Ive helped others on here. have to go to work dinner. now
Yeah I was already expecting the car to lose 40% or more of It's value because of this, I still haven't heard anything from the other parties Insurance, but my adjuster said there would be an Injury settlement, and reimbursement for my lost wages and just putting me in a bad spot In general because of the other driver's neglect.

I left my adjuster a voice mail but she hasn't gotten back to me, I also told the service adviser at the repair shop to give me call back which he hasn't done yet either, but I did give my OK for the repairs, as I didn't know. What is my course of action now?

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
They just repaved a narrow stretch of road and it rained earlier in the day. The oil from repaving settled in a corner and when i went in it was like hitting ice. I had no control and my car slid into a dirt embankment and rolled.
I'm sure speed wasn't a factor whatsoever.

arrow94 said:
in a fury driven rage i put my foot to the floor with the car in sport mode down buena creek road which to you guys who dont know, is a curvy, narrow stretch of road.

I had it sideways (in my lane) in every turn. I was determined to chase this a**hole down.
I came out of the last turn sideways with my foot to the floor in third, and i look down the road and there he is. I keep my foot down and hit 4th.
arrow94 said:
What i learned- 1- this car is incredible. I didnt know a car could even go through a turn the way i took this thing through them.
arrow94 said:
Thanks. Im always safe. I know the road extremely well and have years of experience racing an old pickup truck around on it and plenty of other similar roads so driving something that actually handles well was a breeze.
Everyone is a young and invincible at some point in their life. Everyone makes mistakes with their cars. The key is to own up to your mistakes. I've been kart racing since I was 8 years old and racing cars and formula cars for years and years and years. I know how to drive. I know how to control a car, but I still managed to put my 2008 Mustang GT in the woods one night on a damp road. I didn't blame some magical dirt or oil patch in the road. It was simply my fault for driving too fast on a public road. If you lose control of your car on a public road, it's your fault. End of story.

Own up to your mistakes and learn from them. I guarantee you no one on this forum cares how "cool" you are, so there's no need to pretend that the reason you crashed was brand new pavement.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Man, that sucks. So pretty much they replaced the whole left side, I assume? Good thing insurance covered that. 16k is a lot of cash! Thank God for insurance is right.
We all pay for it in a roundabout way as our rates increase with every accident and/or theft. ;) (/Debbie Downer music)

Sponsored

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Man, that sucks. So pretty much they replaced the whole left side, I assume? Good thing insurance covered that. 16k is a lot of cash! Thank God for insurance is right.
Ouch! Insurance can be good most of the time. haha.

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
I'm sure speed wasn't a factor whatsoever.

Everyone is a young and invincible at some point in their life. Everyone makes mistakes with their cars. The key is to own up to your mistakes. I've been kart racing since I was 8 years old and racing cars and formula cars for years and years and years. I know how to drive. I know how to control a car, but I still managed to put my 2008 Mustang GT in the woods one night on a damp road. I didn't blame some magical dirt or oil patch in the road. It was simply my fault for driving too fast on a public road. If you lose control of your car on a public road, it's your fault. End of story.

Own up to your mistakes and learn from them. I guarantee you no one on this forum cares how "cool" you are, so there's no need to pretend that the reason you crashed was brand new pavement.
Speed was not a factor in my accident. I was cruising downtown to pick up some drinks and dinner. Because the road was narrow, when i hit that slick corner, i slid the two feet over into the embankment. Just because i have one story of me driving fast in completely different conditions, doesnt mean you were there with me that night to know what happened. If i had been speeding, i would be dead right now. Theres a reason there have been multiple accidents on that road since they paved it thursday.
Obviously im not saying the road is at fault. I was driving, therfore im at fault.
But it doesnt mean me being stupid at the time is the reason im at fault.

And your not going to blame a magical dirt patch or oil slick, but you still mention damp road. Why? Why does that matter then?
Yes we were both clearly driving too fast for road conditions. That doesnt mean i was speeding though. If i had been going under the speed limit, i probably would have made it, but mistakes happen. Thats why we have insurance.

seriously dude, get off your high horse. You dont know what happened, so stop trying to tell my story. Stick to your own business

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
that slick corner

Yeah I hit a slick spot going 5-10 mph about 4 years ago and and slightly dented up my driver side corner. Fluke but it happens.

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Yeah I hit a slick spot going 5-10 mph about 4 years ago and and slightly dented up my driver side corner. Fluke but it happens.
That sucks man.
my insurance fully covered my car and i got my check today only 4 days after reporting the accident. I will be in a new pony soon!

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
My experience from a 2007 GT/CS

Yeah I was already expecting the car to lose 40% or more of It's value because of this, I still haven't heard anything from the other parties Insurance, but my adjuster said there would be an Injury settlement, and reimbursement for my lost wages and just putting me in a bad spot In general because of the other driver's neglect.

I left my adjuster a voice mail but she hasn't gotten back to me, I also told the service adviser at the repair shop to give me call back which he hasn't done yet either, but I did give my OK for the repairs, as I didn't know. What is my course of action now?
You have a couple options. First , if body and repair work has started then it might be best to trade that one in when all the work is done. You will take a loss but if the repair work is top notch it might not be that much. Second , if you keep it you can leave your claim open in case additional repairs need to be done. The other persons company is still liable even after repairs are complete ...you will just have the difficult task of proving that future problems are a result of this accident.

My 2007 GT/CS got hit head on at 8000 miles and was never the same again. Every year struts or shocks or an alignment every 3-4 months and uneven tire wear. I tuffed it out to 90K because of financial reasons but I regret not making the insurance company total loss it. I paid 28 K or soback in 07 and the damage was about 15K from the one accident.

Your damage does not look to be as bad but once these things get hit and the suspension is involved ...well you know the rest!

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
glad you are are okay! DAMMMMNNNNN JIM ! Did you already makes plans to replace?
Thank you im glad too. I havent made any dedicated plans yet but Will be calling dealerships tomorrow. At least my insurance paid for a rental, and my rentals a white 2015 mustang

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Doesn't seem to be enough damage for a total loss. :shrug:
Officially declared total loss, Already have an appointment next week at Galpin to look at and potentially buy the next one. :thumbsup:

Hopefully a GT this time :ford: