Sponsored

The wrecked 15 MY thread

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
"Jake 87": I was 6 inches from having an SUV do the same thing to my convertible (with only 87 miles on it!). The idiot did a left turn from a right turn lane across my front. Luckily, I was slow in accelerating when the light turned green (I always look to my left to make sure that there isn't anyone deciding to run the red light)
Sponsored

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
ioNI3ON.jpg

I went over a narrow bridge an went a little too far over to the right, and a concrete barrier took out the passenger side. 2 months+ in the body shop and $16,000 later I have it back. Thank god for insurance! Totally my fault too!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
'Kinesthesia' is the ability to know where your body parts are...I can drive my 3/4 ton pickup between barriers within an inch...I can stop about 2 inches before the front bumper touches.
But I am still nearly panicked when I have to drive my 2015 convertible between objects. I end up with a couple of feet of empty space when I park near a wall, I still tend to scrape the air splitter when I come up to a curb if I don't leave a foot or two of space. I have had to squeeze between other vehicles at construction zones and end up with a shirt wet with sweat. I am planning on a summer vacation where I will have to tightly fit the Mustang on several car ferries (yikes). And yes, I still try to park as far away as possible from other cars in mall parking lots. I figure that other drivers are probably even worse than I am in estimating how much room they have.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm reading this thread as I sit at the dealership waiting to pick up my new mustang!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jake 87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Mine turned out to be $10K in damages and 4 weeks in the shop. Got the Stang back to me yesterday just in time to put some new 20" AMR wheels on and go to my first Houston S550 meet! Everything is fixed with time... and the other person's insurance lol.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
ioNI3ON.jpg

I went over a narrow bridge an went a little too far over to the right, and a concrete barrier took out the passenger side. 2 months+ in the body shop and $16,000 later I have it back. Thank god for insurance! Totally my fault too!
Man, that sucks. So pretty much they replaced the whole left side, I assume? Good thing insurance covered that. 16k is a lot of cash! Thank God for insurance is right.

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
Yeah, they had to replace the door, fender, front bumper, hood, etc. It took so long because when the parts came from ford they were already damaged-- they had to go through 4 doors until one came that was usable. When one of the hoods came it was so thin, it was like tracing paper! Pretty much every part they ordered had to come several times. That gets me a little disappointed in Ford...

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
My car and the man upstairs saved my life Saturday night. i hit a patch of oil in a corner and immediately lost all traction and slid off the road into an embankment. Rest in peace madalyn, you will be missed.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
They just repaved a narrow stretch of road and it rained earlier in the day. The oil from repaving settled in a corner and when i went in it was like hitting ice. I had no control and my car slid into a dirt embankment and rolled.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
They just repaved a narrow stretch of road and it rained earlier in the day. The oil from repaving settled in a corner and when i went in it was like hitting ice. I had no control and my car slid into a dirt embankment and rolled.

Wow that sucks. Look at it this way, Your lucky to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Yeah man I definitely feel very lucky. I didnt really even get hurt Just bruises all over, which is about the best possible outcome for the scenario i was in.

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
http://imgur.com/l8sfUfy
http://imgur.com/a/drOWN

Brand new, 621 miles

I'm not at fault, thank goodness for Insurance; rear suspension snapped In half from going over that curb/rocks

$15,553.83 In damage..

Just got the estimate the other day, 3 - 4 weeks for repairs. :frusty:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp