The whipple wait

LeohTheLion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was told they’re trying to ship it out by Friday. 1/16 order date, 15-17,gen 5 stage 2 upgraded HE
Sponsored

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
Congrats! Out of interest - did they tell you when yours was being built and how long between your build date and delivery is?
I wasn't told exactly when it was being built besides it currently is. Delivery date is friday or monday. It's at least a week it seems between building and shipping.

downtoearth1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just got confirmation my whipple arrives this Thursday. I ordered stage 2 on 12/31/20 if that helps.

rixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 2019 Subaru BRZ TSI
Strange there is such a wide difference between order dates and delivery. I wounder if the special color adds a month to a order.
It's nice to see that mid January orders are being shipped. Maybe things are speeding up.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Strange there is such a wide difference between order dates and delivery. I wounder if the special color adds a month to a order.
It's nice to see that mid January orders are being shipped. Maybe things are speeding up.
There is definitely something not equal. Shop size it would seem. I ordered before the 12/31 poster above - but my unit isn't even being assembled until June 18th - which I find odd. Likely another week until it is ready to ship - so July. That is both business and life. Money talks. Maybe my Shop just doesn't have any weight with Whipple and we got shelved for more important (to them) customers. That is the most likely real life reason. It will be 7 months for me by the time it arrives - IF - they actually come through. I am still a bit suspicious being honest. That said - orders DO seem to be speeding up now - and we are getting dates - so that is good for everyone. Mid July I hope to be up and running, on the street and dialed in. Gives me a ton of time to dial it in and get wheel time as weather will be crappy for the track. Fall - we will test and see how it runs. There are far worse things in the world than waiting for parts lol. Happy to be alive during a pandemic.

Sponsored

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You probably won't receive tracking info automatically, so make sure you sign up for UPS My Choice. This way you can keep an eye out on any shipments.

Smith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt, 2014 Raptor
Ordered stage 2 December 28 from Lethal, still waiting.

Smith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt, 2014 Raptor
Just received email confirmation from Lethal, it’ll be here on the 14th.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just received email confirmation from Lethal, it’ll be here on the 14th.
Lol - maybe my posting is good luck...will be there on the 14th or is being built on the 14th...

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For some reason, this thread made the wait bearable.
I am happy for you both. For some reason despite my Dec 26 order - I am going to be about a full month longer until I get it and its in the car (build date June 18th). So about a 2 week difference if yours was built around June 7th or so - not too bad. There are worse things and nothing I can do about it. Looking forward to seeing some build threads while I wait!
Sponsored