The whipple wait

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The car hasn’t even seen boost yet. The fuel trims were not right just at idle. It’s only been on a short easy ride. I have a new clutch to break-in too.
you and I are in the same boat. I amabout 3/4 the way through breaking in my mcleod rxthd. Slow rolled it into light boost once and it felt gooooooooood
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Still no word on mine with 11/28 order date. Had VMP on my 14 so the odin is sounding good.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So what is the break-in process for a new clutch on boost? Talked to Logan of Lethal Performance at event couple weeks ago, said I didn't have to buy a clutch now but to start considering it. Looked at a few of their in-house ones on display, would assume they're made by one of the major manufacturers.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So what is the break-in process for a new clutch on boost? Talked to Logan of Lethal Performance at event couple weeks ago, said I didn't have to buy a clutch now but to start considering it. Looked at a few of their in-house ones on display, would assume they're made by one of the major manufacturers.
500 miles of stop and go while driving like a Grandma. I'm picking up my car tonight to start that very process. 😁 Going to be the longest 500 miles of my life. I went with the LPX twin disc, it's made by McLeod.

Still no response from Whipple regarding the fitment issue I posted about earlier. You can only get sales people on the phone, have to email their support folks. I'll pester them again tomorrow.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Still no response from Whipple regarding the fitment issue I posted about earlier.
post a new thread with this question and pics. Someone on here will probably know the answer

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
500 miles of stop and go while driving like a Grandma. I'm picking up my car tonight to start that very process. 😁 Going to be the longest 500 miles of my life. I went with the LPX twin disc, it's made by McLeod.

Still no response from Whipple regarding the fitment issue I posted about earlier. You can only get sales people on the phone, have to email their support folks. I'll pester them again tomorrow.
Yep, like a new toy you can't play with.
Hope the fitment isn't due to rushing production and overlooking QC. Try a message thru Facebook, I got a reply that way but none thru email or phone either.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Power adder or power level has no impact on break in process. You need to stay out of power and cycle the cutch very often in the first 500 miles. Make sure traction control is off as it may sense initial chatter as slippage and bugger things up. Driving 500 highway miles is worthless. Need stop and go.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Why not just do a few 4k rpm slip launches lol.

Still no word on my 12/22 order date, guess im expecting an update by 4/22 or so

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
Still no word on mine with 11/28 order date. Had VMP on my 14 so the odin is sounding good.
i checked with my shop last week, they haven't heard back from whipple about my order which was place around black friday, whenever the sale started. the shop manager said he wouldn't be surprised if it didn't arrive until april sometime.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
OK, so Whipple dId email me back late this afternoon and stated those tabs should be 3” away from the rear of the block where there were witness marks on my car. They even provided the CAD drawing. They said they are confused by my pictures, nothing should have interfered. They did not state what those tabs are for. I sent their reply to my installer to see what he says. I’ll attach a pic of the CAD drawing below.

Picked up the car tonight the drive home went well...in the pouring rain! Now I just need to get this new clutch broken in!

Crazy you black Friday guys are still waiting...feel bad for ya. I ordered on 11/16 and it arrived on 1/27. I had a feeling Black Friday would back them up as they’ve been slow to get them out the door all 2020. Hang in there fellas!

Here is that CAD drawing:

DD39D3AC-A31F-48FA-9D77-3514E45B173D.png

Sponsored

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I wonder if that mark was caused by resting the unit in place before it was aligned? May e it is more basic and one of the intake gaskets was not aligned or the TB seal was not good. All that matters is it runs and you are driving it!

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I wonder if that mark was caused by resting the unit in place before it was aligned? May e it is more basic and one of the intake gaskets was not aligned or the TB seal was not good. All that matters is it runs and you are driving it!
Yeah, who knows.... Not worrying about it now!

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I asked Whipple the purpose of those tabs, they are just there so the blower will sit on a bench for assembly. No other functional purpose than that.

I did ask about more detailed Tomahawk instructions than what comes with the kit. The instructions with the kit only go over a few basic things (programming, logging, crank relearn). Nope, they have not other documentation to share.... There are quite a few other things it can do and I wanted to be sure I was not misinterpreting any of it. Oh well..probably would not use most of it anyway.

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Ordered mine through lebanon 12/9 and was expecting a 12-16 week wait. Was told this week from dealership that it was scheduled to ship 3/23 but has now been pushed back to end of april... was told he wouldn't be surprised if it happened again at this point.
Received a call today saying they spoke to whipple yesterday and now from a 12/9 order date they are saying an additional 12 weeks from today... I traded in a C7 vette for it and was being allowed to hang onto it to drive until my car was done. Well now with the added wait they are saying they need the vette so they can sell it and have 3 options. A) keep waiting for the whipple without a personal car for 12 weeks *at minimum seems like* B) Swap to a roush phase 2 (no wait time) or p1x (4 week wait) C) Get my money back for the kit and pick up a stock 5.0