The whipple wait

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I have the same plan. I have red leather interior and red pinstriping on the exterior so thought about hitting the emblems on the cover with some red.
I have red interior as well, thats why i went with the red whipple.

IMG_20210306_202507_757.jpg
Sponsored

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks sweet, they do a good job with their colors and that really pops.

I thought strongly about going for the red powdercoating but in the end it was a bit much and I wanted more highlights than jumping out at you.

interior

162AA7C6-3880-4DBE-B917-4E6D98A565BF.jpeg

5F93E810-3689-412F-AB6E-6505275AB2C5.jpeg

underhood

7C58E56C-FEF5-4CAE-8EB0-38D01F9E62D7.jpeg

i have since plastidip painted the yellow washer fluid cap black and purchased the black cover for the brake fluid reservoir. Looks clean, just want to throw some minor red highlights at it.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
VideoCapture_20210316-172702.jpg

20210316_201123.jpg

Well mine arrived yesterday. Delivered by UPS and ordered on 11/27.
Tell you what guys- I was surprised by the amount of stuff included with this unit. The SC itself is gorgeous but I am amazed by the sheer quantity of all the brackets, hoses, bolts kits, pumps, widgets, and dodads included with this. I have spent my career in Automotive OEM, Automotive aftermarket, and now Aerospace manufacturing and at the sub $8000 price tag I would suspect that they don't have much of a margin on this. Hats off to Whipple.
Congratulations - and well deserved! This gives me hope others are on their way...

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have red interior as well, thats why i went with the red whipple.

IMG_20210306_202507_757.jpg
Wow, that does look good and sets it off.

I have the black cloth seats, which I'm fine with as a weekend warrior, but have been thirsting over leather Katskin covers with red centers. Thats after the fun Whipple stuff.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks sweet, they do a good job with their colors and that really pops.

I thought strongly about going for the red powdercoating but in the end it was a bit much and I wanted more highlights than jumping out at you.

interior

162AA7C6-3880-4DBE-B917-4E6D98A565BF.jpeg

5F93E810-3689-412F-AB6E-6505275AB2C5.jpeg

underhood

7C58E56C-FEF5-4CAE-8EB0-38D01F9E62D7.jpeg

i have since plastidip painted the yellow washer fluid cap black and purchased the black cover for the brake fluid reservoir. Looks clean, just want to throw some minor red highlights at it.
Nice accents. So many options for us to customize.

I looked for the same shift knob but couldn't find in stock and went with solid red with same logo's on the side. Have aluminum cap covers too, will have those painted red at same time as the Whipple logo's.

The stage 2 TB and tubing looks bad-ass compared to the squeezed down tubing on the stage 1 I'm getting.

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The shop doing my install thought they were chasing a vacuum leak since the data logs showed the car running lean. Did a smoke test and couldn’t find anything. Sent the logs to Whipple, they agreed it was lean and asked to check the injectors to insure the right ones were sent with my stage 2 kit. Confirmed the injectors were correct. Shop decided to pull the blower back off to double check things.

They found these two tabs on the rear of the blower just kissing the block not allowing the rear of the blower to fully seal when torqued down. They took a few thousands off them and they believe it’s good now. Whipple casting issue? I know they don’t do these housing in house...maybe China? So PSA for those doing the install to check the clearance here. I’ll be calling Whipple on Monday to get their thoughts on it.

The shop has been great. It sucks they had to go though all this extra work. Some pics:

7A37D1FA-0FB4-43F2-8C0F-9AD2762827CE.jpeg

6621FC79-CD89-4DDE-8AAA-C7DF36D44045.jpeg

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The shop doing my install thought they were chasing a vacuum leak since the data logs showed the car running lean. Did a smoke test and couldn’t find anything. Sent the logs to Whipple, they agreed it was lean and asked to check the injectors to insure the right ones were sent with my stage 2 kit. Confirmed the injectors were correct. Shop decided to pull the blower back off to double check things.

They found these two tabs on the rear of the blower just kissing the block not allowing the rear of the blower to fully seal when torqued down. They took a few thousands off them and they believe it’s good now. Whipple casting issue? I know they don’t do these housing in house...maybe China? So PSA for those doing the install to check the clearance here. I’ll be calling Whipple on Monday to get their thoughts on it.

The shop has been great. It sucks they had to go though all this extra work. Some pics:

7A37D1FA-0FB4-43F2-8C0F-9AD2762827CE.jpeg

6621FC79-CD89-4DDE-8AAA-C7DF36D44045.jpeg
Are those tabs "supposed" to sit on the block? It would seem odd to have an unmachined cast protrusion used as a method of locating something. Any harm in grinding them off completely?

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Are those tabs "supposed" to sit on the block? It would seem odd to have an unmachined cast protrusion used as a method of locating something. Any harm in grinding them off completely?
Helping to locate the blower on install is all I can think of. Maybe it’s supposed to lightly rest on them at full clamp down? Not sure... I can’t see why it would hurt anything to remove them. I’ll see what Whipple says tomorrow.

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Helping to locate the blower on install is all I can think of. Maybe it’s supposed to lightly rest on them at full clamp down? Not sure... I can’t see why it would hurt anything to remove them. I’ll see what Whipple says tomorrow.
Thanks for the post and it gives me something to watch out for and post up what whipple says about it.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If that was the issue, I would expect a loss in boost and a rich condition. I would question if the maf was ok or if unmetered air was making it in post maf.

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If that was the issue, I would expect a loss in boost and a rich condition. I would question if the maf was ok or if unmetered air was making it in post maf.
The car hasn’t even seen boost yet. The fuel trims were not right just at idle. It’s only been on a short easy ride. I have a new clutch to break-in too.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If the lid was not allowed to be fully seated and have a good seal it would be sucking air in all around the lid area I think which would be unmetered air and cause lean condition I think. Unless I am understanding something wrong.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
What did you go with for clutch?

The car hasn’t even seen boost yet. The fuel trims were not right just at idle. It’s only been on a short easy ride. I have a new clutch to break-in too.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If the lid was not allowed to be fully seated and have a good seal it would be sucking air in all around the lid area I think which would be unmetered air and cause lean condition I think. Unless I am understanding something wrong.
That’s my understanding as well.

What did you go with for clutch?
Lethal Performance LPX twin disc.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
after further thought you are correct, j was only thinking under boost.

i installed a mechanical boost gauge on mine and at idle it is -21ish from memory.
Sponsored