Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
China makes the lids?.. wow can we get anything to be made in a America? Makes me wonder if China is stamped on any of my Procharger parts.. not that I’m aware of..
Sponsored

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
For the amount of money these cost, seems like a poor business model to expect a customer to wait this amount of time. Slightly ridiculous actually, some of the wait times posted in this thread. Maybe some of it is out of the sellers control, my question when you purchased was it stated a wait turn time of this length?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
For the amount of money these cost, seems like a poor business model to expect a customer to wait this amount of time. Slightly ridiculous actually, some of the wait times posted in this thread. Maybe some of it is out of the sellers control, my question when you purchased was it stated a wait turn time of this length?

Did you miss the post from Beefcake? His quote is below and that's just the Black Friday sales.

"talked to whipple today, they expect to have all black friday orders by the first week of march out. over 600 orders came in over 4 days, the majority of those being mustang / f150 gen 5 kits, and they simply cannot build the cases quick enough".

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I can't say that I disagree. Not too many businesses charge 100% upfront before they even put your order in the queue. I have been in manufacturing my whole career and even our cash in advance customers were not required to pay until the product was ready to ship.
Nothing indicated that there was a long leadtime. I assumed that they would have them in stock especially since they know that BF deals drive a lot of business and could have gotten ahead of it. After 2 weeks I emailed the vendor thinking that perhaps they were just backed up with shipping. The vendor told me that it would be 8 weeks before it would ship (they were 7 weeks off). I am sure that I will be happy with the whipple but to be honest, had I known it was going to be 15 weeks from payment to shipment I would have gone another route.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Did you miss the post from Beefcake? His quote is below and that's just the Black Friday sales.

"talked to whipple today, they expect to have all black friday orders by the first week of march out. over 600 orders came in over 4 days, the majority of those being mustang / f150 gen 5 kits, and they simply cannot build the cases quick enough".
I get it, but it seems to me with all the small business struggles the past year when orders are coming in you either hire more people, or establish a hard delivery date which it appears neither were applied if dudes are still talking about Holiday orders still not shipping. I can’t think of another/similar process in a performance industry you slap down that type of cash only to see the product at your door in a few months. Like right now with the next round of stimulus money coming I’d front load products in anticipation of sales increasing simply due to people blowing it on car upgrades....

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Don’t take this wrong, but comments like this make me wonder how many actually have any idea what it’s like trying to run a business let alone one that deals in custom applications. Not to mention dealing with covid and all it’s bs. Just the sheer scope of there kits makes any kind of supply issue that arises cause major problems. I ordered end of Nov. , was told 8-10 weeks, through Lethal Performance. I get the frustration, me not the least bit concerned. In my business supply issue’s are wreaking havoc currently. Line items that I typically get in 10-14 days are taking 3 months plus in some cases. That’s a single line item on a list in to the hundreds in some cases. It is what is. I keep my clients as informed as I can, but as a business owner i can only relay what I know.

I get it, but it seems to me with all the small business struggles the past year when orders are coming in you either hire more people, or establish a hard delivery date which it appears neither were applied if dudes are still talking about Holiday orders still not shipping. I can’t think of another/similar process in a performance industry you slap down that type of cash only to see the product at your door in a few months. Like right now with the next round of stimulus money coming I’d front load products in anticipation of sales increasing simply due to people blowing it on car upgrades....

Last edited:

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Unfortunately, in this day & age with any business if your not a Lion, your a Gazelle. I disagree with the above comment about people not understanding what it takes for a business to survive. I think the majority does understand they just opt out of the self-induced punishment with taxes, and other supply issues small businesses are dealing with today.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
As frustrated as I was with the delays and lack of ability to forecast, I installed mine over a 3 day weekend and now have magically forgotten abut those pains. It is well worth it fellas.

For those with a 15-17 especially the pp owners, the manual could use some improvements. I found some helpful clarifications in the 18+ manual that did not make it to the 15-17. For those installing themselves shoot a message if you need something clarified as I just went through it.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
My take on it is, with high demand, I don't think that they can ramp up production that quickly. I waited 6 weeks, pre covid, for my system. Now with covid, I can understand 2 to 3 months wait time. If their product wasn't so good, they would have inventory just sitting on the shelves. Just be patient and you'll be rewarded with a quality product.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My take on it is, with high demand, I don't think that they can ramp up production that quickly. I waited 6 weeks, pre covid, for my system. Now with covid, I can understand 2 to 3 months wait time. If their product wasn't so good, they would have inventory just sitting on the shelves. Just be patient and you'll be rewarded with a quality product.
Yeah, I think its a frustrating combination of all factors. High demand, limited materials and with them being in Cali, maybe a bit of labor limitation too. I don't know how many they typically sell over a holiday sale weekend but if they did get 600 BF orders, that could be overwhelming for a production staff used to making far less.
Based on the info I'm reading here I'll be lucky if i get mine in 4 months time.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think its a frustrating combination of all factors. High demand, limited materials and with them being in Cali, maybe a bit of labor limitation too. I don't know how many they typically sell over a holiday sale weekend but if they did get 600 BF orders, that could be overwhelming for a production staff used to making far less.
Based on the info I'm reading here I'll be lucky if i get mine in 4 months time.

But, after you do get it and put it on. You'll be glad you waited.
Sponsored